Ratings for Dr. Myassar Zarif

I was Dr Zarif's patient for over 11 years as I battled several neurological diseases. He was one of the main reasons I was reluctant to move as he is the most trust worthy, compassionate, knowledgeable, honest and caring Doctor ever! He is extremely respectful of his patients, always spending lots of time during appointments to listen to your new complaints/updates (wanting to learn about ALL your health and emotional issues), reflectively responding to all your questions, and engaging in a dialogue with you instead of, as many doctors do, talking at or over you. In addition, he's a great diagnostician who doesn't bullshit you, refers you elsewhere if necessary (or for further testing) and who more than welcomes collaborating with other members of your medical team, thereby ensuring the best possible overall treatment plan for you. He's a rare find indeed!! He returns phone calls every time as well. My only complaint is , although his staff is just as amazing, it takes forever to get through on the phone and the office wait time can sometimes border on ridiculous...but when it does, I soothe myself by reminding myself of the times my half hour appt turned into hour and a half appts because I was upset or he so throughly went through my test results etc. I would recommend Dr Zarif to anyone and everyone!!❤️

flag | Submitted June 5, 2016

Very knowledgeable and caring. He doesn't make one feel unimportant or rushed when talking to him. He genuinely cares for his patients and their condition. I wouldn't have anyone else as my doctor. I highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted October 18, 2011

About 6 years ago I got diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis. I live in West Islip and 1st saw a doctor in Stonybrook and then NYC. When you have a disease like Mulitiple Sclerosis you really dont want to have to travel too far to be seen (whether for routine check-ups or when you are in a relapse). Thank god about 3 years ago I found Dr. Zarif... yes Patchoque is still a hike the difference is is that when you get sick and need treatment you can go to the Bayshore location where the nurses are AMAZING. Besides being closer to my home Dr. Zarif happens to be one of my FAVORITE doctors, period! He is so caring and so knowledgeable and for a Neurologist, who can sometimes be cold, he has the best bedside manner. If you are in need of his services, do not hesitate to set up an appt with him. My only complaint might be that the wait time for an appt and wait time when in the office can sometimes be a little excessive but well worth it (and I have NO patience)!

flag | Submitted April 14, 2011

GREAT DOCTOR, ALWAYS LISTENS,EXPLAINS AND IS VERY THOROUGH

flag | Submitted December 4, 2007

very wonderful dr,very caring,very funny,makes you feel safe knowing hes your dr.

flag | Submitted June 23, 2007

Dr. Myassar Zarif's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Zarif graduated from Techreen University with honors in 1988. His postgraduate training included a medical internship at the National Military Hospital, St. Mary's Hospital, an internal medicine residency at St. Joseph's Hospital, and residencies in neurology, neurobehavioral science, and neuroimmunology at SUNY Stony Brook. Dr. Zarif joined our practice in 2004. Dr. Zarif has co-authored articles on the comprehensive treatment of Multiple Sclerosis and acts as a consultant on clinical research projects here at South Shore Neurologic Associates P.C.

• Arabic