Ratings for Dr. Norman J. Hamburger

I was unimpressed with his lack of professionalism the past 2 years. Time to find another doctor.

flag | Submitted August 18, 2017

BEWARE!!!! I came in for and annual Pap Smear and received $1400.00 bill because they sent my lab out to someone other than who was covered under my insurance. I called the the dr's office and they said it was my fault for not telling them which lab to use even though they told everything would be covered at %100

flag | Submitted October 4, 2015

I have seen Dr . hamburger for going on 12 years now he's the one that helped me conceive my 3 rd child, and figured out alot of my female issues a course over the years. everyone that's works in their are awesome, I wouldn't ever go to another ob/gynecology EVER!! Great atmosphere #1Dr Hamburger

flag | Submitted February 28, 2015

I love Dr. Hamburger. I have been a patient with him for several years. He delivered my son as well, and I wouldn't ever want anyone but him to assist me in labor. He was so supportive of my decision to breastfed to. I enjoyed going to visits during my pregnancy, he has an incredible sense of humor.

flag | Submitted October 15, 2013

I have been a patient of Dr. Hamburger for over five years now. He is compassionate, knowledgeable, and is happy to take the time necessary to answer all questions & make sure the patient understands his answers. I have had a couple of diagnosis that had me slightly freaked out - he was very good at calming me down and making sure understood all of my options. The staff at Genesis is friendly and helpful. I generally have to wait 15-20 minutes when arriving for appointments.

flag | Submitted April 10, 2013

I had 3 biopsies done, 3 months later I get a phone call that I owed them 26.00. Never was contacted concerning my results, but I get a call needing the $26. I let them know I was never contacted....they took my money and still no phone call about my results. Usually no news is good news, but its always scary to have this procedure done and I took the no news, all was ok....yet I still have not heard from anyone. Time for a new Dr.

flag | Submitted February 22, 2012

Dr Hamburger was very nice. He is a good listener and is quite knowledgeable. I've never had any problems with him, and he occasionally has a nice joke. Would recommend him!

flag | Submitted November 1, 2011

This Dr's name is appropriate, as it feels like fast food service when dealing with him. He's rude and seemed more worried about getting home for dinner, than providing quality service. If he is the on-call delivery physician and you have enough time, find a new hospital.

flag | Submitted October 7, 2011

Having recently moved to Smyrna, TN, I needed to find a new GYN, and I was extremely fortunate to have found Dr. Hamburger. He specializes in diagnosing, and in my case, he could have saved my life, as cancer was found. Dr. H. is the best! He's thorough, a true scholar, compassionate, takes time to explain and to answer questions, and what I really like, is he's direct and honest. He goes the extra mile, consults with other doctors in his field and discusses cases, always seeking the patients' well-being. I think the world of him, highly recommend him, and hold him the the highest regard! How fortunate we are to have such a fine doctor! His staff are very friendly and helpful; my entire experience has been fabulous.

flag | Submitted January 5, 2010

Dr. Hamburger delivered my 1st two children and was great. He does sometimes get rushed and his office can have a pretty heavy wait time. He does cut up and joke when needed and he is extremely knowledgable.

flag | Submitted July 21, 2009

Dr. Norman J. Hamburger's Credentials

• Univ Of Louisville Sch Of Med, Louisville Ky 40202 (Grad. 1980)