Ratings for Dr. Albert Smith

Very bad bedside manner and runs unnecessary tests just to collect more money for himself.

flag | Submitted June 27, 2016

I feel he has past his prime and needs to retire. He shows little to no sympathy towards patients and has to many stubborn biased opinions.

flag | Submitted June 6, 2015

I HAVE NO PROBLEM WITH THE STAFF AT ALL. DR SMITH HAS ONLY TIME TO ATTEND TO ONLY WHAT THE APPOINTMENT IS FOR. IF YOU NEED TO DISCUSS A PREVIOUS ISSUE THAT IS UNRELATED TO YOUR APPOINTMENT HE WANTS YOU TO MAKE A FUTURE APPOINT FOR THAT QUESTION. I HAVE BEEN SEEING HIM FOR 4 YEARS. I'M DONE VERY UNHAPPY

flag | Submitted October 17, 2014

Dr. Smith is a wonderful doctor. I've gone to him from infancy until I moved out of state for college. He is very sharp and very quickly diagnosed a medical condition that is very commonly missed. After many years of seeing him, he is easily approachable with any concerns. He is going to be blunt and tell you things that you for want to hear. But they are things that NEED to be said. With that being said, his staff is very difficult and often rude. The nurses most often have an attitude. Janelle's nurse was rude to me from the second the appointment started. The woman who sits at the check out desk is incompetent. I ask after every appointment what my outstanding balance is and she insists I don't owe anything. I then receive a letter from my insurance company saying my $15 bill was sent to collections. In conclusion, Dr. Smith is amazing but needs nicer and competent staff.

flag | Submitted October 8, 2013

Never had any issues, always been caring and helpful. Wouldn't even consider going elsewhere.

flag | Submitted October 28, 2011

I also experienced multiple HIPAA issues with Dr. Smith. He discussed my private business with the nurse in hearing of other patients--it is a small office and easy to guess who he was talking about. I felt violated. He was also derisive and not professional in discussing a situation I had been in. I would never go back. There's a reason why it's so easy to get in to see him.

flag | Submitted September 16, 2010

This doctor is the worst doctor I have ever seen. He also does not follow HIPPA guidelines for patient privacy. I was very upset with him when he decided to tell my husband things about me without my permission . I called his office and made a complaint and I found a new doctor.This doctor needs to realize a person can self diagnose and not be considered a neurotic patient. This doctor also should take into consideration a patient has the right to decline having test due to their insurance not covering the test without being considered a non compliant patient. I would not recommend this doctor to my worst enemy. Think twice before scheduling a appointment with this doctor...

flag | Submitted May 15, 2009

Dr. Smith takes his time with his patients and it shows both in wait time and his examinations.

flag | Submitted February 27, 2008

This guy rocks

flag | Submitted June 15, 2007

Dr. Albert Smith's Credentials

• West Virginia School Of Osteopathic Medicine (Grad. 1984)

Top Hospitals in Lapeer, MI