Ratings for Dr. John D. Doppelheuer

I've been going to Dr. D for over 24 years. He delivered my two children and has performed other female surgeries all with the utmost professionalism. I went to several GYNO's, didn't like any of them, prior to finding Dr. D. He was recommended by someone in my office, which it turned out that he was the Gyno for 3/4 of the woman in my office at the time. I love Nancy, his nurse, and have not experienced any issues with his office staff. My 19 year old daughter now goes to him (he delivered her) and LOVES him as well. I would highly recommend Dr. D....he's the BEST!

Submitted August 23, 2016

This was one of the worst experiences I have ever had with a doctor. I had an ovarian cyst rupture two days ago and after a trip to the ER, I was advised to see an OBGYN for further information about what to do next. I couldn't get in to see my normal doctor and asked a friend for a recommendation. The receptionist is incredibly unprofessional and rude. I waited in the waiting room for an hour. When I did see him, he made my situation seem like nothing and was very condescending. He talked a lot of **** and is very much a pretentious doctor. I didn't have any of my questions answered when I left and he made me cry he was so rude. I will not be going back to him again and by all means do NOT recommend him.

flag | Submitted December 19, 2013

I've been a patient of Dr. D's for over 24 years. He delivered my son 14 years ago. I've had several surgeries with him too. He is a very professional doctor. He takes a lot of time with you to discuss any issue or concerns. Yes he has given me some grief about my weight, but he's genuine about his concern for my health and the fact I know weight can cause a host of problems. I'm sorry the earlier patient was upset, but he's never been rude to me ever in 24 years. He doesn't delivery babies anymore. And yes, the front desk ladies can be a little absent minded, but they do try to be helpful. Brilliant doctor and I would and I have recommended him to my family and friends.

flag | Submitted October 16, 2013

DR. D delivered me as well as both my brothers, and now I'm 22 and I still see him. He is a great DR and very informative...yes the front desk is a little "out dated" and sometimes rude over the phone....but otherwise i wouldnt ever go to another dr unless i had too.

flag | Submitted January 10, 2013

Dr. Doppelheuer has always been very kind and explains everything clearly. He delivered my youngest and it was a great experience. My daughters both see him and like that he explains everything. One of the receptionists is excellent and on top of things. Neither of the ladies at the front desk have ever been rude or disrepectful and I have been going their for 12 year.

flag | Submitted July 26, 2012

I went to this doctor for over 10 years and when I became pregnant and had to see him on a regular basis he was abusive to staff, regularly bordered on abusive in his dealings with me particularly the amount of weight I gained to the point I left his office after each visit in tears. In addition, I overheard him speaking to his staff about another patient and he was rude to his staff and directed them to let the patient know (via phone) that since she had waited in regards to her mammogram she could wait until it was convenient for him to review the results with her. I was relieved when he was on the golf course at the time I delivered and another doctor delivered my baby - I went to my final follow up visit after the birth of my son and never went back. Would not recommend him to Anyone. I guess it easy to be on your best behavior when you only see a doctor once a year but after my experience I quickly found another doctor who is fabulous.

flag | Submitted December 4, 2011

i love dr! he deleived me as well as my daughter. I do agree that the staff is alittle out dated and can at times be rude. and sometimes never follow through with things, but dr himself is GREAT!

flag | Submitted September 27, 2011

I love Dr. D and have referred him to at least 8 people over the past 9 years all who still use him to this day. He delivered all three of my kids and made me feel comfortable about everything, He is very good at explaining everything and never ever makes you feel rushed or that he has something else to do or see. He no longer delivers babies which is a bummer but otherwise you can't go wrong.

flag | Submitted June 22, 2011

Very knowledgable, good listener and explains things very well. Felt very comfortable at office

flag | Submitted March 23, 2011

While Dr. D is a wonderful doctor and very informative, his staff leaves something to be desired. His nurse (younger one) is rude and very unattentive to the patients needs.

flag | Submitted February 12, 2010

Dr. John D. Doppelheuer's Credentials

• George Washington University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1978)