Ratings for Dr. Elle Milani

Staff is ok, if not under-appreciated. Just a doctor that is not super qualified and makes up for it with arrogance.

flag | Submitted August 7, 2017

Great Doctor and staff, professional and friendly

flag | Submitted January 11, 2017

I've been going to Dr. Milani for 10 years and really appreciate her professional and caring manner. I have always enjoyed her staff and she is always punctual, flexible, and accommodating. She cares for her patients and she has always been friendly, respectful, professional in every manner.

flag | Submitted July 22, 2016

Rather than rant with a bunch of generalities, I'll offer specifics. I was in the ER with a level 10 migraine. Dr. Milani came in on a Sunday, her day off, with a portable interocular pressure meter to check my interocular pressures and ensure the migraine wasn't being caused by glaucoma and thus threatening my vision. She didn't just check my condition, but stayed and trained the rest of the docs in the ER on the proper use of the device. I immediately switched eye doctors and began seeing Dr. Milani. This doctor subsequently discovered a rarer form of glaucoma and she prescribed a treatment plan, which probably has saved my eyesight. She set up quarterly exams and test to monitor damage to my optic nerve and to monitor my field of vision. All of which played a key roll in finalizing my diagnosis. She is extremely professional, informative, answers all questions in a straight forward and direct manner. Once, when I laid off my medications she sat me down and explained that I was directly endangering my eyesight, and if I continued, the chances were good I would go blind. No nonsense, no pulling of punches, not mean, or cold, just direct and and to the point. I needed that, as it has kept me faithfully using my medication ever since. She is ALWAYS on time, and almost never keeps me waiting for my appointment. My average wait time is about 2 minutes from sign in. I credit this to a well run office with excellent appointment spacing. The staff does not provide reminder calls. The approach I suppose is for patients to put on their big boy and girl pants and write appointments into their calendars. Then they expect you to suit up and show up on time. There is a $50 missed appointment fee. To say Dr. Milani lacks compassion is ridiculous. She's no softy, but she does care. She has even proactively corresponded with other members of my care to team to optimize prescriptions around my glaucoma in support of ongoing migraine treatment. She has even been a big cheer leader of mine in my quest to loose weight. And, when my internist retired, she was very helpful providing referrals to new internists. None of which characterizes a cold, uncaring, physician who lacks compassion for her patients.

flag | Submitted February 4, 2015

I cannot believe this so-called DOCTOR is top rated in this area. She definitely is not a people person and is in the business only for the money. She will pick and choose her patients and the treatment she decides on. Funny despite her empty, shabby waiting room. I found her to be cold, uncaring. Definitely go for a second opinion as you'll want a more compassionate person and this lady is in no way one of those.

flag | Submitted October 24, 2014

The worst. Made the first appointment in the morning and she sauntered in 20 minutes late and asked if I was being helped. Worthless doctor and office. Then they got the billing incorrect too. will never go back and am happy to reccomend against.

flag | Submitted October 18, 2014

Dr. Milani is a doctor’s doctor. I myself am a physician, and I was previously misdiagnosed by another physician (hey, it happens). Dr. Milani immediately and correctly diagnosed my eye condition (which has potentially devastating consequences) and started me on medication the same day. By the next day, my symptoms had dramatically improved. I continue to improve on a daily basis. I cannot say enough about how grateful I am to Dr. Milani. I can confidently say that she is one of the best. She is knowledgeable, kind, compassionate, and caring. Everything you could ask for in a physician. Her staff is also very friendly and accommodating. Don’t waste your time. If you have an eye problem, go see Dr. Milani.

flag | Submitted September 5, 2014

Pros: Very engaging and accommodating desk staff (Cheryl). Ease of scheduling appointments. Very punctual. Takes time needed. Clean waiting room and exam room. Seems technically proficient. Cons: Thoroughly inert personality. No bedside manner. I visited Dr. Milani a few times over 3 years, hoping the awful rapport was a one-off bad day or something. No idea what source of underlying friction was, what issues were. My latest prescription was off, and she wanted additional exam fee for adjusting it. I made the (long-overdue) switch to Dr. Hinkle in Ashburn, and am thrilled with him.

flag | Submitted October 12, 2013

Although she takes her time with her patients, she seems not to know some basic information, such as when cataract surgery should be performed. She also does not seem to know when a slab-off is required.

flag | Submitted February 27, 2013

I have never been treated so rudely by any service provider. I did arrive 10 min. late, but had called prior to indicate that I would be. When I arrived, the recep was standing talking to someone at the counter. There were no patients waiting. I was then RUDELY told "TOO LATE" by the woment the recep was talking to. I said ok and walked out of the office. A few min. later i walked back in to tell the Rude person- that a better approach would have been- I am sorry we are not able to see you would you like to reschedule as I was a new patient. The women said- I call it like it is, and that maybe I could be seen by the Doctors down the hall. I asked who she was- and she said "Dr. Milani" I was shocked that a Dr. would speak to anyone in this manner. I would not recommend this doctor to anyone. Business must be good despite the empty waiting room and the fact that she was just standing talking to the receptionist and doing nothing. DR. MILANI WAS VERY RUDE AND ARROGANT.

flag | Submitted April 10, 2012

Dr. Elle Milani's Credentials

• Medical College Of Virginia Commonwealth University School Of Medicine (Grad. 2000)

Workers Comp