Ratings for Dr. Susan A. Scavo

I have had many gyn doctors in my lifetime. Never have I had one more gently, more efficient and more helpful that she has been

flag | Submitted May 18, 2016

She's an amazing doctor. Very warm and compassionate. Highly recommend her.

flag | Submitted November 16, 2012

Let me just say that I haven't had the same gyn doctor in years; but just found one. Was referred to Dr. Scavo by a friend. She explains procedures to you step by step. No amount of questions are a problem for her. She's easy to talk to. And I guess because she's a woman she understands the problem you might be having. Would highly recommend her to anyone. My husband just asked me "are you gonna finally stay with this gyn doctor and go back on a regular basis" and my answer was "of course, I finally found someone I really like and someone who understands".

flag | Submitted August 27, 2012

Dr. Scavo is the sweetest. Someone mentioned her speaking in a high pitched tone and funny enough, that's exactly what made me feel better. Yes I am a 35 year old woman but I am such a baby when it comes to doctors. I needed that reassuring, calming voice. It was the best doctors visit I ever had. Too bad she doesn't deliver babies!

flag | Submitted March 26, 2012

Dr. Scavo is the best! Very approachable and helpful. I woke up with a pre-natal related rash at 8:30 and heard from her by 9:15! All is well. She is super sweet and cares about her patients. I wish she was delivering my baby in August! :(

flag | Submitted January 13, 2012

Dr. Scavo is one of the best Dr's and people I know. She was my Dr for both my girls. I would not even consider using anyone else. If you want a top notch doctor look no further.

flag | Submitted October 6, 2011

Visited with Dr. Scavo for the 1st time for second opinion. She talked to me in a very high pitched tone (as if I was 2 years old) or in very concerned tone (as if I were dying) all in the same conversation. The consultation left me very upset as she discussed issues and concerns that were not relating to the reasons for my visit. Good GYN's are very hard to find.

flag | Submitted May 13, 2011

She is an amazing doctor. She delivered both of my children and the experiences were wonderful! I understand her decision not to deliver anymore, though I will miss her if I have another baby - she has her own children she needs to be around for. Very knowledgeable, great surgeon, and up to date. She will take the time to listen and explain, and always seems to call back herself. HIGHLY recommend!

flag | Submitted April 23, 2011

She waited over three hours to deliver my baby that had a very poor heart beat and lied on my medical records. Needless to say my baby barely survived and has MAJOR issues now because of her lack of competence. She is the worst "doctor" that ruined mine and my babies life. I would never wish my life on anyone, she is awful DO NOT GO TO SEE HER! She doesn't deliver anymore FOR A REASON. She is a young dr. and doesn't deliever out of the blue? Think about it..

flag | Submitted April 3, 2011

I had surgery today for the second time by Dr. Scavo. (2 different issues 2 years apart). Hospital staff always says how smart she is and how "I am in great hands". She is wonderful and caring and has the best bedside manner. Always positive and smiling. I feel so comfortable with her. She is approachable and lets you know what is happening every step of the way. She fully explains no matter how much time it may take. I feel very lucky to have found her.

flag | Submitted August 10, 2010

Dr. Susan A. Scavo's Credentials

• Sign Language

• State University Of New York Health Science Center Of Syracuse (Grad. 1995)