Ratings for Dr. Robert E. Neveln

Note that Dr. Neveln is retiring in June 2014. He chose Dr. Gupta as his successor. I've been Dr. Neveln's patient for ~10 years. Dr. Nevelen is definitely very knowledgeable. He is good for those who do not make enough efforts for themselves, like jogging or dietary changes. He cares about you, as well he loves the science of medicine. I would say his weakness is not pausing to discuss your concerns long enough (although that did happen, depending how busy he was). Dr. Neveln both helped and hurt me and my spouse with his advice (not explaining a treatment well enough in one case and changing a medicine’s dose prescribed by a specialist), fortunately no lasting damage. He may dictate a treatment option that he thinks is the most appropriate for you, but I disagree with some that he is not willing to discuss alternatives. You may need to prompt this discussion. Overall, I am thankful to Dr. Neveln, he is a good doctor.

flag | Submitted June 16, 2014

I agree with others...he has tunnel vision and does not think outside the box. If you have concerns that are not yet proven by what HE thinks of as the only science that's out there. Run! Look into NUCCA doctor with OSM3. Dr. Neveln is terrible as an IME doctor he goes into cop mode.

flag | Submitted January 4, 2013

Dr. Neveln has been my doctor since I came to California in 1991 - Except a few years ago, I had to change to his office mate due to my insurance company no longer carrying him. Dr. Nevelen has been excellent. He really cares about my health. My wife and daughter use him also. I am very confident that he thinks about my health, has my health in mind, and cares. I wish I could go to him the rest of my life.

flag | Submitted March 3, 2009

I do believe he wants to help but has tunnel vision which doesn't benefit me. He thinks inside the box instead of inside and out. He is not willing to work with you plus he takes on a dictating role if you want to think for yourself.

flag | Submitted September 29, 2008

Old school MD that is interested in getting you better. Sometimes he can run late due to taking a lot of time with his long term patients (10+ yrs). He truly cares.

flag | Submitted July 25, 2008

Knowledgeable, but very rigid in his thinking. Not a good doctor if you want someone you can work with, who recognizes that some treatments aren't right for you and helps you find alternatives.

flag | Submitted June 29, 2008

Dr. Neveln is great, shows concern, and provides great comfort in feeling that I am receiving best treatment.

flag | Submitted July 11, 2007

Dr. Robert E. Neveln's Credentials

• University Of Arizona College Of Medicine (Grad. 1974)