Ratings for Dr. Paul Sponseller

Feel like he gave up after 2 appointments. Disappointed

flag | Submitted November 6, 2017

Great Service and Great Knowledge. Will return to see him again if needed.

flag | Submitted November 2, 2015

I do not recommend Dr. Sponseller at all. We had a terrible experience with him. First of all, making an appointment is an absolutely nightmare. The staff is unfriendly and they act as though you are inconveniencing them just by making an appointment. Then, when the appointment day actually comes, Dr. Sponseller can't get in and out of the room fast enough. He has terrible bedside manner, no personal connection to patients/parents, and acts annoyed if you ask questions. It really surprises me that he chose to work in pediatrics. Nobody in the office acts as though they like kids. He makes his nurse practitioner handle almost everything for him and they don't seem to be on the same page. I am so happy that we switched doctors and I won't even look back because it makes me sad that we wasted so much time (and tears) with him. Ultimately, yes, he treated our child and did fine. But there's more to being a good doctor than simply getting the job done.

flag | Submitted February 12, 2015

Dr. Sponseller was a fantastic doctor. He sat down with both me and my parents on several occasions to talk about performing a spinal fusion. He spent a great deal of time walking us through the process of surgery as well as recovery. The surgery was successful and Dr. Sponseller was very helpful in the Post Op and recovery process. Wait times were long but that is what you get at Hopkins, a fair trade for the quality of care. He made sure several prescriptions were pushed through the system to manage my pain. This man changed my life.

flag | Submitted December 7, 2009

Dr. Sponseller is very skilled and worked a miracle for our son. He performed (4 1/2 years ago) complicated surgery involving the breaking of my then 5 yr old son's legs in three places, inserting rods inside his legs and hardware on the outside. My son has done fabulously since his three operations (one major). My son's extremely bowed legs are straight, he plays all sports, and he has grown significantly as the result of the surgeries.

flag | Submitted October 26, 2009

I can't say much about the actual doctor but making appointments here is not a good idea. Staff memebers are not very helpful at all. Some are rude and could care less about you or your childs needs I vote service here a 0000!!

flag | Submitted August 5, 2009

Great doctor he was able to correct my 14 year old son spine. My son gained two inches and healing well.

flag | Submitted April 23, 2009

Great reputation, but his reputation is one of a quirky personality with an extraordinary knowledge base. We have seen him several times for our infants scoliosis. He is always polite, but not very forthcoming - somewhat standoffish, and very difficult to get the information you need. We'll continue to see him given his reputation, and he seems to know what he is doing, but with skeptism as he has yet to prove anything to us.

flag | Submitted March 3, 2009

I have been a patient of his for the last 23 years, and I trust him with my life. He saved me numerous of times and he continues to do so. I am very proud and pleased the I have him as my orthopedic surgeon. Elizabeth Kouros

flag | Submitted November 25, 2008

extremely confident; very knowledgable. He is a busy guy and doesn't have a lot of time but he is compassionate when necessary. We were promised a 30% correction on my then 14 yr old son from someone else; we found Sponseller and he did 100%!

flag | Submitted September 29, 2008

Dr. Paul Sponseller's Credentials

• French

• University Of Michigan Medical School (Grad. 1980)

GHI