Ratings for Dr. Richard Agress

Dr. Agress is my favorite OB so far. He's very knowledgeable, compassionate and has a great sense of humor (I find it comes in handy when your feet are up in stir ups:). I had a D&C with him with no complications at all. Great doc!

flag | Submitted March 19, 2010

Dr. Agress was one of the best doctors I ever had. He delivered my second and third children. Big difference between the doctor of my first and Dr. Agress. I was going thru a divorce during my 3'd pregnancy and would go in and cry each visit. He was very caring and compassionate. Has a great sense of humour. With my 2'nd pregnancy, I had begun with another doctor, who, when I started bleeding vaginally and wanted a note to stay home from work the rest of the pregnancy(working on my feet, lifting heavy objects, etc.)(had a miscarriage shortly before and was worried that I'd have another one) laughed and told me that if stress could cause a miscarriage then all teen moms would loose their babies. Left her and went to Dr. Agress. He said that if a woman felt that she couldn't work, he'd support her and give her a note. I also had had a C-section(1st baby) and had been told that I would have to have one all future pregnancies. Dr. Agress let me try and have a vaginal birth. Very patient.

flag | Submitted November 3, 2007

Dr. Agress was not my OB, but was the OB on-call when I delivered. In my opinion, he appears to be an excellent surgeon and is very well-suited to deal with emergency situations which one may encounter during labor/delivery. However, I felt that his bedside manner had something to be desired and I felt like my long labor was holding him from some other more important pressing matter.

flag | Submitted March 7, 2007

Dr. Richard Agress's Credentials

• University Of North Carolina At Chapel Hill School Of Medicine (Grad. 1978)