Ratings for Dr. Megan J. Bray

Wonderful doctor! One of the best I have ever had.

flag | Submitted September 19, 2016

Dr. Bray is great! I highly recommend her. She is knowledgeable and helpful.

flag | Submitted January 4, 2015

I adore Dr. Megan Bray! For several years, I have been both her OB/GYN patient as well as a neonatal nurse practitioner providing delivery room resuscitation at high-risk deliveries attended by her. When a fetus is in danger and needs to be delivered, you can rest assured that she will recognize this and deliver the baby very quickly preventing complications related to delay of delivery such as oxygen loss to the fetus. She genuinely cares for the well-being of babies she delivers as evidenced by her following up on the status of the babies after their delivery. She is compassionate, for instance, a baby was born recently without fingers and this was not known (and typically isn't known) prior to delivery. What could have been a shocking, devastating finding for the parents, but Dr. Bray handled the situation with such finesse finding just the right words to emphasize that this baby was a beautiful, healthy miracle so that the parents cried tears of joy for their baby instead of tears of sadness of a minor abnormality. As her patient, I have enjoyed Dr. Bray's personable, compassionate, thorough, knowledgeable way of practicing medicine. She helps me to feel relaxed with her sense of humor--and let's be honest--who otherwise feels relaxed when their feet are in stirrups?? She is professional yet human, I prefer her over the other excellent physicians in the practice and would recommend her to my daughters when they are old enough to need OB/GYN care.

Submitted September 3, 2014

Dr. Bray is an outstanding doctor. I never write reviews but was shocked by these reviews I needed to write. She is kind, dedicated, skilled and goes above and beyond to care for her patients.

Submitted January 21, 2014

Dr. Bray is highly emotional and unprofessional. She overreacts, uses profanities during her examinations and instead of teaching with a neutral tone, she will use a forceful and aggressive tone to communicate with a patient. She misdiagnosed me and was extreme in her response/treatment options. I am so happy I did not heed her strong suggestions that were over-the-top and unnecessary. She does not reflect confidence, nor a quiet strength in her approach. You want to be able to trust and REST in your physician's care. However, her approach is so harsh, that she is no longer funny and no longer trustworthy. Instead of bringing objective evidence in a calm, composed manner, she loses her credibility by her extremely belittling approach. I have family in the medical profession and I am NOT accustomed to being coddled, as the previous reviewer accused. I expect a respectful approach to my medical care and do not want to be bullied as a patient.She lacks true compassion &common courtesy.

flag | Submitted October 19, 2013

Dr. Bray is direct, humorous, thoughtful and professional. I have been her patient in the UVA health system for more than 5 years. My husband and I are expecting our first baby in a little over a month and she has been my OB throughout the prenatal process. She takes the time to answer my questions thoroughly and is candid, yet respectful even when I have a difference of opinion or want to discuss other options. The nursing staff are all wonderful ladies, especially Rhonda & Estelita. As to the other reviewers who described Dr. Bray as cold or uncaring, I assume that they completely lack a sense of humor and are accustomed to being coddled. She is seriously funny when the situation calls for a little levity and does not hesitate to share her own experiences as a woman & a mother when applicable. I only wish that we could be guaranteed that she will be our delivering OB at the hospital, but we will keep our fingers crossed that our baby's arrival will coincide with Dr. Bray's schedule!

flag | Submitted July 26, 2013

this doctor had already diagnosed my daughter before even seeing her and it was the wrong diagnosis. also we had a 8 hour drive for her to give us her diagnosis (which was wrong)!!! very upsetting!!

flag | Submitted June 30, 2011

Cold, Rude, left me with unanswered questions and total confusion. I left her office in tears and Will never go back!!!

flag | Submitted June 8, 2011

The only good thing I have to say about my visit is that the nurse was wonderfully sweet. Dr. Bray was extremely late and extremely cold. When I discussed my preference for birth control with her (I choose not to take the pill, but to do natural family planning) she said, "oh, are you and your husband catholic?" just assuming my religious preference! Then later in the visit, she told me she really thought I should be on birth control because, "It's not the spawn of the devil, you know." I was completely offended! I never even hinted that my choice was due to religious preferences, and it was completely out of line that she spoke to me that way. Also, the bill I got was OUT OF THIS WORLD. Absolutely NO reason for me to spend that kind of money when she spent less than 15 min with me. Overall a terrible experience, will NEVER see her again, and would like her to know that she needs to watch her mouth.

flag | Submitted May 26, 2010

Dr. Megan J. Bray's Credentials

• Jefferson Medical College Of Thomas Jefferson University (Grad. 1995)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Charlottesville, VA