Ratings for Dr. Peter S. Sherrod

Dr.Sherrod may appear cold to start with but as you progress with him he becomes gentle. Knowledgeable and conservative in his approach he is a very good pediatrician. Some times he appears that I know it all and may not be kind when too many questions are asked but overall he is a very good pediatrician and your child is in safe hands.

flag | Submitted June 19, 2014

Peter was not only my pediatrician when I was a child, but he is now (and has been for 3 years) the pediatrician for my daughter. I cannot recommend him more highly due to his kind and gentle approach with children, coupled with his practical approach to medicine. If you want a doc that is going to order up a number of unncessary labs for your child, Dr. Sherrod is not for you. It will be a very sad day when Peter makes the decision to retire. To be completely fair however, I will only make appointments when Peter is there because I am not greatly impressed by his fill-in doctors/PA's.

flag | Submitted August 22, 2011

Dr. Sherrod took care of my children and is now taking care of my grandson. What better compliment is there. He is the best!

flag | Submitted August 26, 2009

Dr. Sherrod was my doctor for 18 years. I loved him and hated to leave when I turned 18. I am now expecting my first child, and he will be my son's pediatrician. He is the best doctor in Plano!

flag | Submitted August 19, 2009

I actually got my last set of shots as a teen from Dr. Sherrod (a fact I am sure he did not always want me sharing) and then took my own son to him for 18 years. He and his staff were always so warm and wonderful and supportive in everything my son did in life. It was like visiting extended family when we had an appt. I listed non/cash as throught the years we had various insurance companies (or were without and they always worked with us when things were tight.) on one occasion Dr. Sherrod was not on our insurance and we went to another doctor. Once. I paid cash to Dr. Sherrods office for the length of that ins. plan. I hope my grandchildren will have the benefit of this wonderful doctor!

flag | Submitted March 5, 2009

I had him for 18 years! I loved him! Great doctor!

flag | Submitted March 4, 2009

I am a former patient of Dr. Sherrods and I was a patient for 18 years. On my 18th birthday his Nurse Practicioner was sent in to explain to me that it was time for me to see a Family Practice Physician because of my age, but Dr. Sherrod wouldn't do it himself because he had known me for too long and didn't want to see me go! He is a wonderful Pediatrician and when we move back to the Plano area we will definitely use him as our children's doctor. You simply will not find a more caring and understanding individual than Dr. Peter Sherrod I guarantee!

flag | Submitted November 10, 2008

Dr. Sherrod is wonderful with my daughter, we have been seeing him for 9+ years. He is very calm and kind when he talks with children. He tells them and you what his is doing during the entire exam. As she has gotten older her asks her questions and makes her an important part of the exam. His office staff is kind and caring, and they work to get you in ASAP when needed. One time my daughter had been sick for about 2 months and we could not figure out the problem, finally we went in and he said, we will find out what the problem is before you leave today, and he did.

flag | Submitted May 2, 2008

The first person that posted a comment must not realized that they had taken their child to a pediatrician who has been rated as a top Texas doctor for several years in a row. Dr Sherrod is wonderful. We've been seeing him for 3 years - was recommended to him by 5 other people. His office staff now knows us by name and is so wonderful with our children. Dr Sherrod explains everything that he is doing - which is wonderful. He goes out of the way to research any issues you may have and spends the time listening to any concerns. My oldest would cry if any male came within 2 feet of her (prior to her 1st b-day). Dr Sherrod was the only one she would ever smile at - she loves him! He is really wonderful and I dread the day he retires.

flag | Submitted December 27, 2007

I am very surprised by the other rating. We love Dr. Sherrod. He has been our pedi since my daughter was born and my son was 3. He is very caring, my son had a check up today and gave Dr. Sherrod a big hug before we left. He explains everything he is doing to the child at their level. He also has a great staff and since I live close to the office, I can always get an appointment within a couple of hours when there is an emergency illness.

flag | Submitted September 28, 2007

Dr. Peter S. Sherrod's Credentials

• Univ Of Tx Southwestern Med Ctr At Dallas, Med Sch, Dallas Tx 75235 (Grad. 1969)