Ratings for Dr. Patricia A. Shands

Having multiple surgeries on my knees over the years, I have met many Orthos during that time. Dr Patricia Shands is hands down the best I have ever seen. She spent time with me talking about my issues. She was very proactive in my over all health and recommended on many occasions different alternatives to surgery. It was only once when I needed surgery on my knee did Dr Shands perform the procedure. And being the forth I had had on my knees, it was by far the best. I have since moved from the area, but I regularly wish she was still accessible.

flag | Submitted February 14, 2012

I felt that Dr Shands ignored my reports of different and worsening symptoms that occured after surgery. It is my opinion that the worsening of my condition occured because she failed to take me seriously and refer me to other specialists for evaluation and treatment. I believe that open communication between a doctor and the patient about mistakes or errors in judgment, can result in the patient receiving the proper care to mitigate the damage. I believe that early disclosure of the possibility that an injury occured during surgery, could have prevented further harm and disability.

flag | Submitted December 20, 2006