Ratings for Dr. Joseph J. Renzi

I have been a patient of Dr Joe for 20+ years. He is a competent, caring, doctor that takes the time for his patients and hence sometimes the long wait. However, his staff needs to be replaced. They are brash, inconsiderate young girls that do not realize that if Dr. Joe keeps loosing patients they are going to be out of a job. I know that many patients have talked to the Dr and expressed their dislike for his staff and he refuses to do anything about it. As long as I have been seeing him, I think that it's time to move onto a new doctor (which I am doing with deep regret). I just can't deal with his staff any longer.

flag | Submitted July 15, 2013

Dr. Joe is one of the few doctors left that can be trusted! He's very much like his father, Dr. Nick, was. Dr. Joe took care of my grandmother and my father and now he takes care of us, my sisters and their families. He helped a family member with a drug problem and now he's drug free - which I can't thank him enough for! He has such a sweet bedside manner and anyone who says otherwise is just someone who couldn't get what they wanted from him because Dr. Joe truly believed they didn't need it. Some people have the wrong impression of him - he's a good man and a great doctor. He can read people and he knows what's going on. Some of his staff are truly excellent and some of them have their heads where the sun never shines...find the good ones and you'll be fine (Leslie, Ang). They are trying to ease up the waiting time, if you have an appointment you usually get in within 15 minutes of your time; if not...lol, good luck! But at least he'll see you! Love my Dr. Joe!

flag | Submitted June 3, 2013

DR RENZI HAS BEEN MY DR FOR OVER 20 YEARS AND I CAN HONESTLY SAY THAT WHEN HE RETIRES I WILL WORRY. HE IS CURTIOUS, UNDERSTANDING AND KNOWLEDGEABLE. MOST IMPORTANTLY HE MAKES ME FEEL COMFORTABLE. HIS STAFF IS HELPFUL AND NEVER TREATED ME LIKE A PATIENT AS MUCH AS A PERSON. AWESOME!

flag | Submitted March 28, 2013

I haven't met a better, more intuitive doctor in many, many years. He is empathetic, intelligent, caring and extremely appreciative of his elderly patients!

flag | Submitted February 27, 2013

Dr. Joe is extremely competent, patient, and compassionate. I trust his judgement more than any other doctor I visited over the past 20+ years. He stays on top of newest treatments, he carefully analyzes his patients' needs, and never thinks badly about people who others would typically disregard. Everyone deserves to be treated like a person, Dr. Joe extends/sacrifices himself to all people who come to him for help. The only criticism I have about the service is the staff, who have always been problematic. They need to learn how to genuinely interact with people.

flag | Submitted January 15, 2013

The best doctor in South Philadelphia. He is caring, considerate, and has excellent bedside manner. He knows his medicine and I trust him 100% with my health care. He is one in a million, and perhaps you might have a long wait on occasion, however, he is worth the wait. Anyone that has a negative comment is either very impatient or plain spoiled. Besides myself, he takes excellent care of my mother, who is in her 90's. He saved her life a few years ago, and if it wasn't for him, I would not have her today. He worked in his father's practice when he first started out, Dr Nick Renzi, who also was excellent. God bless Dr Joe, we need more doctors like him. (I'm afraid he's a dying breed)

flag | Submitted December 10, 2012

Dr. Renzi has been my doctor for a few months but that was enough for me to leave and find a new doctor. The time I spent at the office for my three appointments were: 1.5 hour, 2.0 hour and .75 hours (the waiting room is tiny and all seats are always taken!). Dr. Renzi is a very nice guy and he seems very competent but he and the office are so rushed (he sees 3 patients at a time!) that you only see him for a few minutes and there is no personal care. I feared what would happen if I were sick. Walk-ins must wait 4-5 hours(!!) to be seen. I can see grave mistakes being made all the time here because of the impersonal care and the lack of attention that patients receive.

flag | Submitted October 26, 2012

I love Dr. Joe. I have been his patient for 25 years. The staff if very helpful but the punctuality needs vast improvement.

flag | Submitted July 17, 2012

great doctor, great service, great friend, easy to talk to, compassionate, caring, and understanding.

flag | Submitted January 3, 2012

I've been a suboxone patient of Dr. Joe's for nearly 3 years. He is a truly remarkably physician, very compassionate and intuitive. He's not a script pusher but he won't refuse someone in need. You will not find a doctor better for addicts if you're looking to go to a private clinic, he is wonderful.

flag | Submitted December 7, 2011

Dr. Joseph J. Renzi's Credentials

• Philadelphia Coll Of Osteo Med, Philadelphia Pa 19131 (Grad. 1982)