Ratings for Dr. Ezra S. Kazam

Great doctor.... patient,knowledgable and never makes you feel rushed. He is caring and friendly and I would highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted July 16, 2013

I came here because they in my insurance company network. The optometrist had no intent to check my insurance benefits. Charged me a full price for the glasses frame $230, instead $86.I had to request it back.

flag | Submitted December 2, 2011

Dr Kazam operated on both eyes for cataracts. I am almost 80 and I do not need glasses. He is friendly, proficient and a pleasure to deal with. I did not feel any pain or discomfort on either operation. I would hate to trust my eyes to anyone else.

flag | Submitted September 1, 2011

although not authorized, their ofc charged my card for testing when they should have gotten this from insurance; insurance asked 3x for a correction of their claim - but they're still holding on to my money even though this is a violation of their insurance contract - so much for respect for patients/customers.

flag | Submitted April 25, 2011

Wait- over one hour. Kazam calls you in over a loud intercom in the waiting room, staff points to a dark room where Kazam awaits... He pulled a dirty lens case out of his desk and asked me to put my contacts in it. I asked if it was sterile and he gave me a funny look. Luckly, I brought my own case to put my contacts in. Contact lens prescription was written incorrectly, so now I have an order from 1800Contacts on the way with Left/Right eyes having different correction. Asked for my co-pay before I even met the doctor. By the way, the picture of that young-looking doctor on his web page is not him, Dr. Kazam is much older.

flag | Submitted April 21, 2011

The doctor is adequate but I had a very bad experience with the billing staff at this office. Even though I had paid my co-pay at the time of my appointment, they insisted that I had not. They kept calling and hounding me for the co-pay ($50) even though I told them that I had paid it. I should mention that I have been a patient of Dr. Kazam's for a while and have purchased eye glasses from him costing a total of several thousand dollars. Imagine my surprise when I received a call from a collection agency. I was forced to pay the copay again so that they wouldn't ruin my credit. I then sent another copy of the check to Dr. Kazam's office with proof of payment with a letter explaining how upset I was. I never received a reply from the doctor or his staff. I waited for months with no response. I finally called again and was told that I would get my money back after they "research" my payment which would happen "when they get around to it."

flag | Submitted June 25, 2010

I would not recommend this doctor if you are looking to purchase contact lenses. The prescription he wrote was incorrect and the lenses did not fit well. The office ordered the lenses the day I was given the new scrip, and thus I was not given a few days to "test" them out, as is the usual practice. It wasn't easy cancelling my lens order. The front office was not very friendly.

flag | Submitted April 25, 2010

Dr Kazam is one of the best doctors I have ever visited. He is kind, smart and very friendly.

flag | Submitted March 1, 2010

I started to see Dr Kazam about 2 years ago when my insurance changed to Blue cross. I have eye pressure problem.Dr Kazam continued with the same treatment as my other eye dr at Summit Medical group(they do not accept Blue cross insurance). The office is old and his staff(kalyani) try to be helpful. Calling your name over loadspeaker is scary. Dr Kazam has a rough manner on the outside, once you get over it, he is a very nice and helpful guy.

flag | Submitted August 7, 2009

charged insurance company for examinatin he did not do; insurance company paid him anyway, even after i told them that it was not performed; doctor claimed he did - BULL!!

flag | Submitted March 7, 2009

Dr. Ezra S. Kazam's Credentials

• State University Of New York Downstate Medical Center (Grad. 1973)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Morristown, NJ