Ratings for Dr. Elliot M. Perlman

Worst experience I ever had with a doctor. He was very rushed and became extremely defensive when I asked questions. Not comfortable with his diagnosis and did not make the follow up visit he suggested.

flag | Submitted December 7, 2015

One of the worst experiences I've ever had as a patient. The doctor was over an hour late to the appointment. When he finally got to the room he spent less than 5 minutes with me. I had serious concerns about an eye problem... he couldn't explain where my symptoms were coming from. He didn't give me a chance to answer any questions before he ran to his next appointment. I still don't know whats wrong with me, I wasted my time, and my condition is getting worse. He may be well educated but he has no bedside manner.

flag | Submitted July 6, 2015

I had high hopes for Dr. Perlman but unfortunately I was let down. I am not questioning his expertise in ophthalmology but rather his lack of proper hand hygiene. I was seen by Dr. Perlman on1/30/15. Before leaving the examination room he put my contact lens in my right eye because I was unable to do so. After the fact I realized he did not wash his hands prior to putting my contact mens in my eye. On 2/4/15 I woke up with conjunctivitis in the same (right) eye. My eyelids were crusted shut together. Upon removing the drainage my eye was observed to be swollen, pink, irritated and painful. It is now 2/20/15 and both eyes are now affected. I have been out of work since due to the contagious nature of the disease. I have utilized my health insurance seeing other ophthalmologists and optometrists. In my professional opinion Dr. Perlman's expertise in ophthalmology goes out the window if he cannot abide my the most basic healthcare principle: HAND HYGEINE!!!!! Because of this I am recommending that he be avoided at all costs.

flag | Submitted February 20, 2015

Dr. Perlman rushed into my appointment, examined me quickly, said some medical jargon, and walked out - a total of probably 5 minutes. After he left the nurse had to explain to me what the diagnosis meant, and what I was supposed to do next. All in all, terrible bedside manner.

flag | Submitted July 25, 2011

shows care and concern at all times this office will see you 24/7 i have had emergency appts on saturdays and sundays and the dr would meet me at his office --excellent care! there is no better!!!!

flag | Submitted June 7, 2011

I had custom wavefront Lasix on very myopic eyes (contact rx was -8.0 in both eyes). I was very nervous and he was gentle, reassuring, and precise. It took longer for my eyes to heal given their extreme myopia, but I was up to 20/20 after 4 months. I am thrilled :) He also got good recommendations from ophthalmologists friends I have.

flag | Submitted April 19, 2011

I went to Dr. Perlman for wave front custom LASIK surgery two weeks ago and now have 20/20 vision. I experienced no complications and the surgery was quick and easy. Though Dr. Perlman may be on the brisk side, he is thurough and informative. He has a reputation for being very precise...exactly what I want in a doctor.

flag | Submitted December 3, 2008

Elliot Perlman saved my husbands eye - He is exceptional.

flag | Submitted October 14, 2007

Dr. Perlman is always in hurry. He does not listen to his patients.

flag | Submitted June 24, 2007

Dr. Elliot M. Perlman's Credentials

• Harvard Med Sch, Boston Ma 02115 (Grad. 1973)

HealthPartners