Ratings for Dr. Gregory F. Pauxtis

This Doctor was very rude on the phone about trying to coordinate a referral to him. I found his illogical conclusion that I must have had little education appalling. This is when I was trying to make an urgent appointment for a patient with Bell's. I do not recommend him based on this.

flag | Submitted July 9, 2014

This doctor examined and diagnosed me as free of cataracts (a matter entirely outside of his field). Since I had been previously diagnosed by eye specialists as having at least one major cataract, I went to another eye specialist to confirm Pauxtis' diagnosis. Two large cataracts were found and removed; Pauxtis was completely mistaken. Pauxtis also gave me unasked-for advice on how to get a permanent disability-based income by faking an injury. He provided no help whatsoever for the neurological problem for which I went to him in the first place. I regard my experience with Pauxtis as one of the worst I've ever had with a doctor.

flag | Submitted September 27, 2010

Dr. Pauxtis missed the diagnosis and didn't dig very deeply. I then saw an ENT, had a series of sophisticated tests and a second opinion from another neurologist. Even after the diagnosis when I returned to Dr. Pauxtis for treatment, he said "Nothing much to do. You'll just have to live with it." Others sent me to PT for help. His personal demeanor was also wierd. Strange responses, little empathy, he seemed kind of disconnected etc. I mentioned his responses to my condition, (both medical and interpersonal) to three of my other medical providers and all three were somewhat disturbed by what I had told them- but had heard it before. I need to see another neurologist again but I will be seeing someone else.

flag | Submitted April 19, 2008

My wife accompanied me to this appointment and felt that this was her ''worst experience with a doctor in the last 29 years''. After an extremely brief examination, Dr. Pauxtis stated to me that all the doctors that had told me I had cataracts were wrong and that I did not have cataracts. A few months later, surgeons removed two large cataracts from my right eye. One of the cataracts was the largest the senior surgeon had ever seen and I was told the cataracts had been developing for many year. This confirmed the observations of all my doctors before Pauxtis. I do not understand why Dr. Pauxtis would give me important medical information that was false. In addition, Dr. Pauxtis used much of my appointment time encouraging me to 'get hired at San Francisco General Hospital and then retire in disability from that job'. He stated that he had advised many of his patients to run this scam on the taxpayers.

flag | Submitted December 15, 2006

Dr. Gregory F. Pauxtis's Credentials

• Northwestern University Medical School (Grad. 1981)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal