Ratings for Dr. Jerome E. Jennings

I found Dr. Jerome Jennings rude and condescending. When I asked questions, he said that I wouldn't understand the answers, but to Google it if I wanted to. When he asked questions, he cut me off in mid sentence before I could even answer. He said that he didn't need to read my MRI; he wouldn't explain the procedure or recovery or what to expect and when I asked what I'm supposed to do about my full time job and how long to estimate I'd be out, he looked at me like I'd asked him to explain how to assemble an atom bomb. When I asked how long I'd have to wait before surgery, he said he had no idea and when we asked what the cost of the procedure was, he gave us a disgusted look and said he had 22 "girls" out front that could answer that question. So, I'm back at square one looking for another doctor because I'm definitely not scheduling surgery with him.

flag | Submitted November 17, 2012

The bottom line about Dr Jennings is that he is a very good surgeon, but can have a gruff bedside manner. I had my ACL replaced by him a few years ago, and now my knee is great. It feels exactly like it did before my injury. If nice is what you want, you might want to go to someone else. But, if you want a doctor who is a great surgeon, I would whole heatedly recommend Dr Jennings.

flag | Submitted September 29, 2011

My first rating was dated 8/12/2009 after surgery on one knee. Dr. Jennings told me that the other knee was most probably in th same condition, but that there was no need to operate unless there was pain or mobility issues. Sure enough, one year later, the other knee needed surgery. Same excellent service from MD and office staff and Hospital staff. Same comments from 8/12/2009 apply to this second surgery. Also, his physical therapy unit is top-notch, as I've used them twice weekly for three months after each surgery.

flag | Submitted January 1, 2011

Friendly and very helpful staff, talented and understanding doctors. They worked very hard to fit me into a schedule on short notice. Surgery went without a hitch (at least when I was awake), and the follow-up therapy folks are very nice. I would recommend Dr. Jerome Jennings to anyone and everyone with knee problems. He has been such a great help!

flag | Submitted September 14, 2009

The doctor was very knowledgeble and friendly. But his STAFF does not represent this doc very well they kept extra-eyeballing me after the male recept wanted to argue with me in front of staff and people in waiting room about a simple address situation. So I felt like I had to defend myself to see a doctor. Then when I called a few days later a lady identified as Dr. Jennings nurse had a conversation then she just hung up on me (absolutely no goodby have a good weekend or nothing). When I called back the same man defended her then once again wanted to argue with me. Maybe this is tolerated at this facility. But no way someone gona operate on me and then I got to be downplayed disrespected by your staff.

flag | Submitted August 28, 2009

Office staff has been pleasant & helpful the 7 times I've interacted with them. I'm 61, retired military, and had reconstructive surgery on my knee in July by Jerome Jennings. Incredibly talented & experienced; read his bio on website. Surgical process & general anesthesia were very smooth, professional, caring, & empathetic. Every admin, nurse, & MD at Medical Park Hospital, where Jennings does his surgery, were extremely caring, patient, pleasant. Every patient & local MD who I consulted swears by Jennings & recommends him. True, he's a "man of few words" & his personality may be disconcerting to some at first meeting him (I myself was perplexed!) BUT after several visits with him, we are connecting very well. He does have a sense of humor & will answer questions--just organize your thoughts in advance. (I write mine down beforehand.) With 26 years in the Army, & plenty of orthopedic injuries and MDs treating them, I'd absolutely go back to Jerome Jennings for surgery.

flag | Submitted August 12, 2009

I have Tricare Insurance, as a result of my husband serving our country honorably for 20 plus years. I thought as a result I was being treated as a third world citizen...they kept saying..."Well, you have Tricare" as if that made my crippled son'd condition better. I found these people horrid and non-responsive, especially the staff.

flag | Submitted July 29, 2009

Very arrogant and self important. Views everyone as inferior

flag | Submitted April 13, 2008

I don’t believe I have ever been treated so rudely, not only by the reception staff, but by the doctor himself. I would have the confidence to believe Dr Jennings would do a fine job (on my shoulder), but feel that I have the prerogative to choose a physician who allows me to have questions and concerns as a patient - without being made to feel inferior or humiliated. Simple issues - from appointment scheduling, to physiological questions, to the anticipated recovery… This physician and his staff were ‘short’ with me, belligerent, and out-right rude to me. And, they spoke about me to each other, not knowing I could hear every word. I appreciate a forum that allows patient QA feedback. I highly value that in advance of every service I require, and thank you for providing a place to do so regarding healthcare.

flag | Submitted June 6, 2007

Dr. Jerome E. Jennings's Credentials

• Med Coll Of Ga Sch Of Med, Augusta Ga 30912 (Grad. 1969)

MSP/BC Med