Ratings for Dr. Onkar Singh

Dr. Singh is very pompous and egotistical. He has a lot of knowledge and will explain information to you thoroughly but his viewpoint is very one sided. When I told him I had a birth plan he laughed at me and told me I was going to be disappointed. He started talking about God and how he has a plan that I cannot control. ! I found it inappropriate to talk about religion if the patient does not initiate it He also asked me if I was planning on having an epidural. When I told him I was not sure and I would want to keep an open mind and see how I was feeling in the moment, he told me that if he had it his way, everyone would have an epidural during labor. He said he did not understand why someone would want o be in pain if they did not have to. When I said that maybe a woman wants to work hard to appreciate the accomplishment, or be able to walk immediately after labor, and that sometimes an epidural can prolong the first and second phase of labor, puts a women at higher risk of needing Pitocin, and can effect the fetal heart rate, he told me I was wrong. He also wrote in my chart that I did not want an epidural, which was not what I had said. Also, he is a close talked and very touchy. He made me feel uncomfortable. Finally, when I had to have an emergency C-section, the next day, he asked me “What happened?” What nerve! I ended up having post partum depression and he never even assessed me for it. At the 6-week appointment, he basically rushed me out the door. New mothers have lots of questions and concerns, but he did not care. As well, he is rarely punctual. I always had to wait 15 min -1.5 hours PAST my appointment time for a 10 minute meeting. So frustrating. I will never come back here!

flag | Submitted November 3, 2014

Dr.Singh is very kind and compassionate and extremely professional. He is always punctual for appointments and the one time he was going to be late, his office called me to ask me to reschedule my appointment. He delivered my first baby and I went back to him for my second as well. He is the best doctor in the practice! I highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted March 17, 2009

Dr. Singh and the entire practice are professional, compassionate and excellent health care providers. Dr. Singh always had time for my questions and I never felt rushed. Even though an ob/gyn from the practice ultimately delivered both of my boys, Dr. Singh came by to check on me, although he did not need to. Wonderful physician.

flag | Submitted November 4, 2008

I visited Dr. Singh after seeing a bunch of substandard OBGYNs in the Baltimore area. I loved his practice (Charles Street OBGYN), and he was very helpful at addressing my problem. His office took me in right away to help me with my problem even though I am a new patient. I couldnt be happied with my new find! The office workers and sonographer and nurses were great, too. A+

flag | Submitted June 13, 2007

Dr. Onkar Singh's Credentials

• Patna Med Coll, Patna Univ, Bihar, India (Grad. 1971)