Ratings for Dr. David R. Berry

My wife does not speak Englisth, the Staff told me that they need to talk to my wife in english and if she does not speak english, They can not accept her.

flag | Submitted August 24, 2016

Best OB/GYN in this area. Delivered by preemie baby at 24 weeks as well. Very caring, and knows what he is doing. Staff in his office are great as well.

flag | Submitted May 17, 2016

Love Dr. Berry, he is excellent in keeping you informed of any and all test results. So glad to have him for my OBGYN

flag | Submitted May 5, 2016

During my first pregnancy, I was seen by doctors at the Burke location of Capital Women's Care but Dr. Berry was on call when I went into labor. I had never met him before and was horrified by the experience. He did not show up at the hospital until I started pushing because he kept insisting that there was no way I was progressing as fast as I was on my first labor (even though we repeatedly called and paged him telling him how fast I was progressing). He said had "just put some steaks on the grill" so he wasn't going to come yet. He also kept insisting that I should just get an epidural even though I told him I wanted to have a natural birth. He also was extremely rough during the delivery and delivery of the placenta, leaving me with excruciating pain, third degree tearing, and hemorrhaging. He also stitched me up without any lidocaine (because he said "it doesn't help"). I have since had more children and the deliveries were 100x better (and I had no epidurals) and was stitched with lidocaine (it does help). So I hope that this review can help someone avoid the terrors that I went through by avoiding this doctor.

flag | Submitted September 10, 2015

Dr Berry delivered both of my sons by C section. I saw him during my pregnancies and had good experiences with him. He was extremely knowledgeable and competent.

flag | Submitted July 18, 2015

Dr. Berry is a good doctor for successful pregnancies seen through delivery - jovial, infectious enthusiasm, kind. If you are a person who has suffered from a loss, he is not the appropriate doctor. He lacks compassion, talks AT you and not with you, and does not adjust his approach regardless of the state of the patient. I would not recommend him for patients with complications or suffering from a loss.

flag | Submitted December 11, 2014

if you are planning to breastfeed your baby, do not go to Dr. Berry! He "hates breastfeeding" (his words) and will not support you. Worst OB in that practice!

flag | Submitted October 8, 2014

I've been seeing Dr. Berry for 27 years. He is a gentle, caring doctor who listens to my concerns. He has kept track of other medical problems (surgeries) I've had and always asks how I'm reovering from them. I've often wished he was an internist so I could have him as my primary care doctor. My experience with him? Nothing but wonderful.

flag | Submitted October 8, 2014

I have been seeing Dr. Berry for over ten years now and he is great ! I recommend him to people all the time and have never heard of any bad experiences. Very pleasant demeanor and to the point... explains things well and takes the time to make sure you understand.

flag | Submitted September 17, 2014

Dr. Berry's bed side manner may be unconventional but his knowledge and caring are undeniable. I would recommend him to any of my friends.

flag | Submitted May 27, 2014

Dr. David R. Berry's Credentials

• Vanderbilt University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1987)

Oxford