Ratings for Dr. Raymond M. Poquiz

Went to Tots&Tykes as a new patient for a well checkup. The office was clean and had sufficient space. The lady at check-in was cordial. The medical assistant was either new or not trained very well as she seem to expect us to know where to go (remember this is our first time at this office) and she seemed like she rather be chatting with her co-workers than to attend to us. We waited over an hour in the waiting room and exam room in total. I was surprised to see a male doctor enter the room. He explained my child can see any of the doctor's in the practice, even though I specifically asked for his associate, a female, Dr. Carter when I made the appointment. Dr. Poquiz checked out my child and it went well. The issue I had was that he didn't seem to be use to parents asking questions and/or having concerns. I do not know if he just decided to stop listening or if there was a language barrier, because he clearly did not address my concerns. Dr. Poquiz did say he would refer me to a specialist if it "made me feel better" and that his staff would be in touch. At one point he told me he "needed to go see other patients". It seems they overbook and spend little time with patients. I certainly do not mind waiting if my child receives competent services. My concerns didn't take more than a 5 minutes to discuss. They did not follow up on making sure they received all my new paperwork, as I ended up taking a packet home since it was just left there on the counter in the exam room. I surely do not want my child's personal info floating around. It has been over two weeks and not a word from the office about the referral. I doubt it was notated much less received by the staff. I do not recommend Dr. Poquiz, as I have little trust in his abilities.

flag | Submitted July 2, 2015

My kids love Dr. Poquiz. He has been our pediatrician for over 8 years.From treating eczema, to common colds or viruses, to calming my nerves about immunizations, he really has taken time out of his day to make sure I fully understand what it is my kids are going through. All in all, Dr Poquiz does a lot for the community. He has a really high standard of professionalism that cannot be matched in these trying times. I urge you to take a chance, and you will find that him and his team take care of the children as if they were their own, and then some. Yes, he does help with referrals. In fact, a lot of the hogwash reviews below seem almost vindictive. He doesn't deserve that. --Bobbie Moralez

flag | Submitted April 11, 2014

Doctor Poquiz is knowledgeable, but he is to the point where he talks to everyone else like they are a moron. I dread going to see him because he doesn't listen to what I am telling him. He practically refuses to give referrals once you have a problem too. He has been this way since we came to this practice 5 years ago. The only reason we are still there is because of the nurse practitioners. A 2 hours trip to the doctor's office is common as well.

flag | Submitted July 12, 2013

I believe wholeheartedly that Dr. Poquiz is the best pediatrician in the DFW area. He has seen all four of my children for almost seven years and I would not change him for the world. I can go in there with a sheet full of questions, or if my kids are sick and he always knows what is wrong with them. He works well with my autistic daughter, and his staff, let me tell you.. his staff is one of the best around. Always smiling and ready for work no matter how busy their offices are.

flag | Submitted March 19, 2013

Dr. poquiz is the worst dr. I've ever known. He is very rude, doesn't let me explain what I want to say. He doesn't provide the care a parent expect from a pcp, and he certainly is not the pediateician you should look for. I went one time with my daughter because she had a strong stochache, was complaining for several days, crying and vomiting, and had some congestion. He said that she had a common cold, prescribed her three different medicines: nasonex, chlo-tuss, and zirtec. I did not go to the pharmacy indeed. I waited that day until she was in a terrible pain and went to the ER. The doctors there did some tests and discover her enzimes (lipases) were very elevated, she had PANCREATITIS, HER PANCREAS WAS INFLAMED. He is a terrible doctor. That sad story is not the only one I have but let somebody else say the rest

flag | Submitted January 27, 2013

NNo matter what my question is he always answers it with a smile on his face and dont look at me like all crazy like most dr. do. I think eveyone should go to Dr. Poquiz! i wouldnt change him for nothing.

flag | Submitted July 20, 2009

flag | Submitted June 28, 2007

Dr. Raymond M. Poquiz's Credentials

• Univ Of Tx Southwestern Med Ctr At Dallas, Med Sch, Dallas Tx 75235 (Grad. 1995)