Ratings for Dr. Benjamin Ybarra

I miss my stepfather dearly, Benjamin Ybarra. For ratemds.com, I would like to request that comments from previous users to be put into consideration over his death on August 16th, 2010 as I find them to be harsh and offensive since this man is no longer living. He was a wonderful man, and it hurts me to see these posts. We need to respect his death. I love you and miss you, stepfather.

flag | Submitted March 10, 2012

dr. ybarra and his staff are very kind and helpful. i and my family have been seeing him for 10yrs. and we have been very happy with him. i wish him the best and to stay strong, my ur wife R.I.P. Ur A great doctor!!!!

flag | Submitted March 19, 2010

I have been a pt. of dr.ybarras for 9 yrs and in all that time the MA's are always sure to let me know that i have to make an appt to get my result. They have tons of pt's and if the interest is mine i would call and ask for the results and not wait for something bad to happen and blame my bad habits on other people. Dr. Ybarra and his staff are very professional never have once treated me badly.

flag | Submitted January 12, 2010

We moved to texas and had to find a dr. Well tricare listed Dr. Ybarra as one who took our insurance. My husband had his blood drawn and some other things looked at. No one ever called to schedule for a follow up to get the results. Dr. Ybarra said my husband was fine. 45 days later my husband had signs of a minor heartattack, his blood was tested and his sugar was off and he ended up 3 days in the hospital and on blood pressure medication twice a day. I was told by the docters at the mansfield hospital that if the follow call would have been done all of this could have been avoided. You would think if the results came in for someones blood work and whether they were normal or abnormal you would call to make that follow up appointment. The office help seem to be confused and it seems that his office was only concerned with the insurance coverage (we got the bill on time) and not with my husbands health. I am livid.

flag | Submitted December 21, 2009

The staff is so unprofesional the office manager as well i had to call the police becaue of assult and she still workin there service is bad. I hear them talk about other patient What doctors office let there employees bring there chlidren to work everyday there office is always dirty

flag | Submitted December 11, 2009

You need to steer clear of this doctor. Go to Texas medical board site and look up his name. He has been publicly reprimanded twice this year alone, once for prescribing so much pain medication that he put a man in a coma and again in August 09 for prescribing TONS of narcotics to a known drug addict that happened to be a family member. He can no longer write prescriptions and must now hire a Physicians Assistant or Nurse Practitioner to write prescription for him. I do agree that he is using drugs himself. Shady character and I wouldn't trust him with my DOG.

flag | Submitted October 24, 2009

Been a patient of Dr. Ybarras for 8 years now. With all the injuries that I've had, he's never even remotely come close to over prescribing me pain medication. In fact, he usually under prescribes. I fractured my hand several times and he gave me motrin, 1 prescrition. It didn't even touch the pain. All in all, he's proven to be a great doctor. His staff was a little iffy for a while, (bad service). But it's been taken up a notch here lately. If somebodies out eating 12 painkillers like candy, that's not the doc's fault. That's the idiots fault who was popping them like skittles. Read the directions on your prescription folks! If the doc gives a patient like 15 scripts of pain killers at one time, then that's clearly the docs fault. It's up to us, the patients, to be responsible.

flag | Submitted July 30, 2009

I enjoy Dr.Ybarras treatment as well as the fast scheduling of appoinments.I never have to wait too long to get in and see him,Suzy his office manager is also great she is a great asset to the doctors office.

flag | Submitted July 20, 2009

I saw Dr. Ybarra on 6/30/09 and he was just wonderful. i had been interviewing doctors in the area and he was by far the most knowledgeable and addressed my issues appropriately. I forgot my prescription and the nurses ran out into the parking lot as I was driving off and they brought to me. They were so nice. I would not hesitate to recommend Dr. Ybarra to anyone and will be bringing the rest of my family to see him.

flag | Submitted July 2, 2009

dr ybarra treated my 75 yr old mother for years,she moved back to houston for a while and returned back to arlington. she made an appt. to see him as her doctor again and was told since she had not been in for a while that he would not see her.he would not even talk to my mother or refer her to another doctor. the medication he knew she had been on for years that he orginally prescribed was not to be discontinued without a doctors help. that pretty much speaks for itself as to what kind of doctor he is.he would prescribe medications he knew were addictive and then hang you out to dry when he decided he was not going to prescribe them any more,not even referring you to a pain management doctor. i would not take my dog to him.

flag | Submitted June 27, 2009

Dr. Benjamin Ybarra's Credentials

• Univ Of N Tx Hlth Sci Ctr, Tx Coll Osteo Med, Ft Worth Tx 76107 (Grad. 1996)