Ratings for Dr. Paul S. Worrell

My wife and I have been patients for 15 years. Dr. Worrell is a wonderful doctor who is helpful, kind, and proactive. His staff are genrally helpful. One should anticipate a long wait time (usually an hour beyond the appointment time). It is sometimes difficult to get the staff to call back patients or call in rx's to the pharmacy. However, In the past year, there seems to be a great deal of improvement in the call back response time. I would highly recommend Dr. Worrell with the aforementioned limitations.

flag | Submitted July 8, 2014

I show up for my appointment 15 minutes early, but it takes then 1.5 hours to see me EVERY time. They room the walk in patients before the appointments! I have been asked to reschedule or come back another day more times than I can count, though this is after they have charged my card for the deductible up front (and it takes a day or two for a refund to go through of course so I am stuck.) If you call the nurses line for any question, don't expect a call back for a month. If you use the e-mail nurse line you get a call back in about a week because they have documented proof of when you submitted it. Even my pharmacists is aware that he should avoid calling them because he will never get a call back! Front desk staff is condescending when you complain about the wait time, and always give some crazy reason as to why it's your fault. I am beyond fed up with this place, the PA's are knowledgeable, but I can find knowledge with better service elsewhere.

flag | Submitted June 16, 2014

Worst DR office ever. I've never had so many problems. I got a PA the first time. She was great and ordered the tests I was asking for but I had to wait almost four hours and took basically a survey they charged my insurance almost $300 for and I didn't even need! When I went back for my results a week later, that PA wasn't in so I saw another. He sounded like he knew what he was doing. Gave me a list of meds to take and referrals. When I went to get meds he didn't give me a full supply worth, he forgot one, and another is hardly ever covered by any insurance and costs me $650! Took me a week to get a call back, still no referrals and the med I got switched to was still not covered and $450! And to fix it they wanna charge me again to come in. I've never been charged for seeing a DR for follow up for the same condition if it was less than two weeks after last visit. Nurses wouldn't even tell me my blood test results over phone, and I signed a waiver saying they could. NEVER going back

flag | Submitted January 23, 2014

I love this office all of the staff.Jill is awesome! I have nothing bad to say about any of them. They have always taken good care of me and always diagnose me correctly.

flag | Submitted September 15, 2013

The staff is extremely poor. They will pawn you off on the incompetent PA, who will then diagnose you incorrectly with a cold when you have all classic flu symptoms. The Medical Assistant will then give you two injections in the same area (hip) with incorrect technique and you will have nerve pain for months.

flag | Submitted January 11, 2010

Not too bad if you research drugs and tell him yes or no you will or will not take it and why. Seems to listen to you some, and praises you when you do well and take care of yourself. Orders a few tests and compares them with how you feel which is good common sense and recommends alternatives if you tell him that's what you prefer.

flag | Submitted October 27, 2009

I left this practice in 2004; at that time, the office functioned more like an urgent care facility, rather than a doctor's office. Scheduled appointment times were not honored; wait times ran anywhere from 1 hour to 4. Also there was no continuity of care, as multiple providers were used to see patients.

flag | Submitted May 25, 2009

Not too forceful, listens sometimes, large & quick turnover of staff, the see a of of patients.

flag | Submitted February 19, 2009

My wife and I have been patients of Dr. Worrell's for 15 years. He has always diagnosed us correctly and we returned to good health quickly. He is also proactive in determining problems that could creep up in the future. Highly recommended.

flag | Submitted September 18, 2008

I have been a patient of Paul Worrell for 16 or 17 years. He is kind, knowledgeable, and professional. I started going as a single man. Now my wife and two daughters go too. I imagine I will be his patient until he retires, or I move. I havem and will recommend him heartily to my friends.

flag | Submitted September 28, 2007

Dr. Paul S. Worrell's Credentials

• Univ Of N Tx Hlth Sci Ctr, Tx Coll Osteo Med, Ft Worth Tx 76107 (Grad. 1980)