Ratings for Dr. Dolar S. Patolia

I am a former patient of Dr Patolia because of a change in my medical insurance. I requested a copy of my medical records on 1/27/17 via fax, which Melissa, the office manager, acknowledged the same day when I called her to confirm receipt. The records would have to be retrieved from off site, as it was a few years since I saw the doctor last. I asked if Lily, the other records person could retrieve them in the coming days as I had a upcoming appt with my new doctor and it was important that review my records prior to my appt. Melissa had an attitude and flat out refused to obtain the records off site, as Lily was busy and unable to leave the office. Melissa assured me that I would have the records within the 15 day statutory required timeframe. I called back a week later and Melissa rudely said she didn't have the records yet and that she still had time to retrieve them under the law. My new appt came and went. 4/5/17 and still no call from Melissa or Lily letting me know that the records were in. I was put on hold for nearly 15 mins and told rudely by Melissa that the records would cost $50 because there are several pages and that I couldn't get my records until I paid. I asked why she didn't call me to let me know the records were available and she said that she was on vacation the previous week. Now mind you, the request was made on 1/27/17. She was unapologetic and flat out rude. When I went to the office the following day to pick up my records, she immediately turned in the opposite direction and ran to the back office upon me advising the secretary of my name. Melissa is a horrible office manager who needs extensive customer service training. Dr Patolia needs to seriously evaluate the type of staff she has working for her.

flag | Submitted April 9, 2017

Dr. Patolia's staff is absolutely awful. They do not treat patients well or with courtesy. They do not respond to queries in a timely fashion. Dr. Patolia, herself, is adequate, but because of the poor way her office is handled, I would never go back.

flag | Submitted September 29, 2016

I love my doctor and quality of care.. However the office staff makes this place so so unbearable!! Everytime I speak with the office staff they are extremely rude or annoyed they have to do their job. If I have a question about billing, they call it an "issue". An employee rolled her eyes when I asked for an itemized receipt!! They screen their calls and have stopped answering, or answer & hang up. They never know how much I am supposed to pay for my visit, claim never to have received sent paperwork, and bill my insurance incorrect amounts and services. I am so unbelievably frustrated and upset I have to deal with this support staff for this entire pregnancy. I can't believe these doctors keep such a horrid office staff that has no respect for the paying customer!! I am so upset and sad that I have to leave an excellent Dr bc of this. I WANT THEM TO JUST DO THEIR JOB!! If I could I would do no stars.

flag | Submitted July 19, 2016

My hysterectomy was of course the scariest operation to get ready for, but it seemed like I over stressed myself. I was up and walking the next day and used no pain medicine. She is my miracle doctor! Love her and will recommend her always!

flag | Submitted August 4, 2015

I've been a patient of Dr. Patolia for 9 years and never had issues before. She has always taken the time to address my concerns. Unfortunately, her office staff is joke. The girls in the front look like they don't want to be there but the worst is the billing. The staff has no clear idea the difference between a deductible and co-insurance. I was being overbilled the co-insurance amount because the staff (more than 1 individual) was thinking deductible. No matter how many times I explained it to them that my plan had no annual dedutible, they just don't get it. Her billing staff needs adequate billing training because they are incompetant. They are also rude. May change OBGYN after this. Staff is a representation of the physican.

flag | Submitted January 28, 2015

bad doctor, greedy for money ,bills inappropriately , treats patients like a number, lacks emotion sympathy or empathy , spends less than 2-5 mins w patient , doesnt educate patients .Dr.Morgan in her grp is very nice or should look for anotheR OB.

flag | Submitted September 23, 2014

I went to this doctor based on TOP10 on Ratemds. The biggest mistake of my life , wait times are huge , plus you wait in the exam room and then doctor only spends a minute or two. Its like a assembly line and you are just a number. The doctor doesn't seem to care much about her patients . I changed my Ob Gyn and then realized how terrible this practice is . Their staff has billing problems and they always overcharge on copays and its tough to get refund on overpayment. Go somewhere else.

flag | Submitted June 30, 2014

Excellent doctor, highly recommended. Accounting, billing, and front desk staff is the worst I have ever experienced in my life. A year after, they are sending a bill that indicates an outstanding amount, however, my insurance had paid it. In addition, my daughter had State CHIP insurance and the staff indicated that they did not accept it, even though, the insurance book and Dr. Patolia stated they did. I paid $65 while they investigated, but never got a response. When I called to inquire, I was insulted and told that I owed the money. Now, a year after, it turns out that CHIP paid the bill and they have not paid my $65 back, in fact they stated I owe $5. The front desk is rude and do not respect your schedule time and when checking out, they do even thank you or at least look at you. Very dissapointing that such a great doctor has that horrible staff.

flag | Submitted June 9, 2014

I absolutely love Dr Patolia. I found her off of this website based on her high ratings in bedside manner. She is very knowledgable and compassionate. After my sister in law had a stillborn, she was very considerate of my nervousness and took all my calls seriously and never made me feel over sensitive. I love that she answers every question and makes me feel like her only patient every time I am in to see her. It was difficult to get pregnant with my second and she was very on top of things, I have out of balanced hormones, and was very proactive. I recommend her to everyone I meet!

flag | Submitted April 11, 2014

She is unplanned , long wait times , even after you enter exam room have to wait forever. Dr.Patolia doesn't spend enough time, isn't passionate , rushes you , and you are just a number . She might be knowledgeable but felt like assembly line. I went coz of her top 10 ratemds.com rating and were highly disappointed..

flag | Submitted March 8, 2014

Dr. Dolar S. Patolia's Credentials

• Bj Med Coll, Gujarat Univ, Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India (Grad. 1989)