Ratings for Dr. Jeffrey W. Merling

I have been a patient at CCAT for over a year now and each time I have seen Dr. Merling it was the same experience. Very knowledgeable, but I am always treated badly by him. He is not sincere, very patronizing and hurtful. I spoke with him about an upcoming surgery that I was having and sincerely wanted to know what I should do. He told me that I was an addict and needed to stay on my suboxone. Then he proceeded to tell me that my upcoming surgery was not real and was something I was making up because I was an addict. Thank God I researched the situation further because if I had continued, it would have caused major complications with anesthesia, not to mention that none of the pain medication would have worked. My primary care physician has suggested that I switch to another clinic because Dr. Merling was negligent in giving me proper advice before surgery. Thank God I kept my primary doctor informed or a simple surgery could have turned into something much, much worse.

flag | Submitted June 4, 2014

I see Dr. Merling at the CCAT house in downtown Cincinnati. Although he is very knowledgeable he seems to be very judgmental of us ex addicts, in a very passive-aggressive way. He gives me anxiety every time I go to see him..to the point where I want to switch doctors.

flag | Submitted March 1, 2013

I've been with Dr. Merling for 6 months now and i must say he is always on time. If a doctor is not on time it is not always a bad thing because it could mean that they are not rushing their patients out. I have never felt rushed or dismissed by Dr. Merling at any time. He always appears as though he is hearing me out and is very engaging.

flag | Submitted January 10, 2013

Dr. Merling is a nice man and seems knowledgeable, but I changed doctors because the practice always seemed to be running behind resulting in long waits in the waiting room and then in the exam room. It always felt as if he was rushing and did not take the time to listen or to do a thorough exam. He would come in, briefly listen to my top 1 or 2 concerns (never got to address all of my issues or questions), and then just renew my prescriptions. I was also not thrilled by his negative comments about health care reform (this was just before the Affordable Healthcare Act was passed). He is of course entitled to his opinion, but I did not ask for it and I also do not agree with it. Even if I did agree with him, I still would think it's an odd thing to talk about in the midst of a physical exam. Perhaps the practice has changed (I left years ago), but I would proceed with caution.

flag | Submitted October 5, 2012

Absolutely on time every time. Dr. Merling is the BEST!

flag | Submitted February 6, 2008

Dr. Jeffrey W. Merling's Credentials

• Wright State Univ Sch Of Med, Dayton Oh 45401 (Grad. 1999)