Ratings for Dr. Larry H. Batty

Many doctors are unprofessionals. They are doing their job well. Not attending so much care about their patients. More are in a hurry going out their offices. Spending less time to listen their patients health concerns. I hope and pray the government or any officials in our country make some actions regarding this issues. it is not a joke issues. We are talking about health issues. DOCTORS! BE PROFESSIONALS and Be COMPASSIONATE to all your patients!! May the Lord enlighten the minds and touch the hearts of those doctors. GOD bleSS!

flag | Submitted July 17, 2017

I've read the other comments here and MOST of them are spot on. He is not caring, not communicative and is extremely condescending! It is unfortunate that my insurance has limited options but the experience I had is enough to cancel future appointments and look for someone else. A true jerk M.D.!

flag | Submitted July 6, 2017

I was so sorry to see Dr. Batty leave Johnson County, KS. He was my physician for many years and I found him to be highly competent and very pleasant.

flag | Submitted March 15, 2017

Worst ObGyn I've ever had. Alway tried to up-sell services - mole removal and electrolysis? How is he even qualified to so that? I left his practice at JoCo ObGyn 5 years ago and I am NOT sorry. He's arrogant and has an awful bedside manner.

flag | Submitted September 30, 2015

I am so glad that Dr. Batty has arrived in Alamogordo. I met the other 3 doctors in his practice during my pregnancy and they were OK but Dr. Batty always took extra time with me to answer my questions. I was so glad that he was the doctor oncall when I went into labor. He was supportive during the time I was pushing and helped make the experience very meaningful. The labor & delivery staff was great and my little boy is wonderful!

flag | Submitted July 1, 2015

Dr. Batty was my OBGYN for 10 years before he moved. I love this man. I had some serious rough spots in my journey to have a family and he was there to hold my hand through all of it. I am so sad that he moved. I may have to travel to New Mexico for my next visit.

flag | Submitted May 2, 2015

Dr. Batty delivered my son 6 years ago. I would never recommend him to anyone. He yelled at me for gaining too much weight one month (after forgetting to record my weight previously). The morning sickness had finally subsided and I was just gaining back what I lost. Then the next month he yelled at me for not gaining enough weight. When I was in labor he was annoyed with the hospital calling him "too soon" and he left. Then just barely made it back in time for me to push. He argued with me the whole time. Then he had a scared look on his face... Thankfully the nurse told me what was going on. My son was in distress. He told me I had 1 more push to get him out or he would be a c-section. He ended up delivering with forceps. I feel that he took unnecessary risks during my labor and delivery. After he was born he only spoke to my husband, never me. Needless to say I was very happy to be finished with him. He even yelled at me because the nurse in the hospital stopped having me use ice... He said what did I tell you? I explained what the nurse said yet he still yelled at me. When I asked him about a pertussis booster he looked confused and then said well I guess you can get one. No help for first time parents that's for sure!

flag | Submitted January 24, 2015

I recently saw Dr. Batty (my regular doc was out). He started by telling me the birth contr I use isn't what he likes (tried to switch me to something else he gets a kick back from their company). Proceeded to tell me that I was ill because I was at 99* temp (it was 80* in that cluttered clinic - then insinuated Ebola even though I haven't left the country in 10 years). He tried to be a dermatologist, nutritionist & physician. His bed side manner was awful - he opened with talking about his trophy girlfriend rather than ask about my medical history. I will NEVER go back to him & have told others what happened that day - even other doctors & nurses that were appalled at his behavior, mannerisms & etiquette. Stay far away.

flag | Submitted October 31, 2014

Dr. Batty is not my doctor but happened to be on call when I went into labor. My amazing OBGYN, Dr. Corrina Cooper, was unfortunately on vacation. Dr. Batty was really the only negative aspect of my labor and delivery. He was not helpful or reassuring when I needed the moral support, as I basically got to the hospital in time to push. Instead, he was condescending and critiqued my ability to push (first time mom--like I had any idea what I was doing). I had a natural birth and think I could have delivered my son much quicker had he permitted me to move to a different position, but he was too old school and had me in the position for someone with an epidural. He proceeded to stand against the wall of my room with his arms crossed, like I was wasting his time, when the nurse summoned him too early. I continued to struggle pushing in a laying down position, and he just stood there. No positive coaching. Just awkward silence. In retrospect, I should have stood up for myself and told him to leave. Once my son was born, I tore pretty badly (I think due to my labor position). Dr. Batty was especially excited to sew me up. He had no interest really in my joy of having had a child with no pain medication. I think he was glad he got to use a needle and thread. No bedside manner. I'm glad that when I have another baby he isn't an option to be on call again since he's moved. Everyone else in the Johnson County OBGYN practice is friendly, encouraging, and wants a mom to be successful at birth. I can't really say I got that feeling from Dr. Batty.

flag | Submitted August 26, 2014

Delivered my 3 babies and saved my life once. Good man great doctor- Brandi Murphy

flag | Submitted August 15, 2014

Dr. Larry H. Batty's Credentials

• University Of Kansas School Of Medicine (Grad. 1976)

Healthnet