Ratings for Dr. David Bichell

I could not recommend him enough. We were kind of shocked when we found out our seemingly perfectly healthy child had a heart condition that had been undiagnosed for 7 years. She required open heart surgery, which was terrifying but I was sure she was in good hands. Dr Bichell answered our questions that we didn't even know to ask. He have an option for the scar to be less noticeable. He did an excellent job on her surgery and one month later you would never guess what she has been through. We are forever thankful for everyone at vanderbilt for making this surgery go as smoothly as it did!

Submitted June 28, 2014

THe best heart surgeon around. Great bedside manner also. He is very caring.

flag | Submitted December 3, 2011

Dr Bichell is a wonderful, caring man who encourages you to do literature searches on the internet and will discuss them with you. He very good at explaining his procedures and drawing them out for ease of understanding. He is very down to earth without the "god" complex that most surgeons have. He has saved my sons life numerous times as he responds very quickly when called or paged. There were many times while my son was in the hospital that Dr Bichell was there late into the night or over the weekend working on a child in need. He will always take a seriously ill child over a more stable one, so that is why I gave a lower rating on the stick to schedule part, but those of us who have had the seriously ill child who bumped another child, are very understanding when it happens to us. :) Overall, I would highly recommend Dr. Bichell!

flag | Submitted July 22, 2007

Dr. David Bichell's Credentials

• Columbia University College Of Physicians And Surgeons (Grad. 1987)

MB Health