Ratings for Dr. Mark A. Clymer

Approximately two years ago I was referred to Dr. Clymer by a physician in my hometown. I was somewhat apprehensive about having any type of "surgical" procedure, and certainly wasn't sure if it was affordable. However, after two visits to my referring doctor to reassure me that Dr. Clymer was an excellent doctor and that he too would let Dr. Clymer perform facial surgery on him, I made an appointment. My initial appointment with Dr. Clymer and his staff was at no charge. I talked to him about what bothered me about my aging neck and face. Dr. Clymer took his time with me, I never felt rushed or pressured. His office manager met with me after my visit with Dr. Clymer and went over the charges thoroughly. I was pleasantly surprised that I could afford some or all of the procedures. I did not make an appointment that day because I still had a lot of anxiety about even having surgery. A couple of months later I revisited Dr. Clymer with my daughter in tow. Again, he took his time with me, was very patient, answered all of my questions, and reassured me of the fears that I had. I was only going to have my neck done at this time. However, my daughter looked at me and said, "Mom, go for it." I never looked back after that. I had the surgery in May of 2015. A complete face lift, eyes, and forehead lift. I have not regretted my decision for one minute. I am 60 years old, and people tell me quite often how wonderful and refreshed I look. No one ever said "what have you done?" My best friend didn't even know -- I had to tell her. She just commented on how great I looked. The other day someone guessed my age in my 40's. Again, they didn't ask if I had any surgical procedure -- just wanted to know what kind of lifestyle I led, and what I ate. This review is NOT a plant. I am a real person, who has nothing but praise for Dr. Clymer and his staff. My daughter asked me the other day if I would do it again, and I said "absolutely." I wouldn't have to think twice. There was some discomfort -- which is to be expected, but it was mainly the night of the surgery. The rest of the discomfort was minor. Dr. Clymer believes in making you look "refreshed" and "real". I was very concerned about looking "plastic" or like "the joker". He assured me that that was not his style of surgery. And it is not. Go for it. It is the best thing I have ever done for myself!!!

flag | Submitted September 16, 2016

I recently had lower eyelid surgery and a face-lift with Dr. Clymer and I have to say my results have been very positive! I knew I would be “safe” in Dr. Clymer’s hands as he is double-board certified, in Facial Plastic and Reconstructive surgery and in ENT surgery as well. But what I didn’t realize was how gifted he would also be when it came to “aesthetics”. He told me I would still look natural and look like myself, only better, and he was absolutely right! Dr. Clymer’s office staff couldn’t be more knowledgeable and supportive, and the surgical center he operates in is first class…everything is up-to-date and state of the art. I felt completely prepared for my surgery as well as what to expect during the post-operative period. All my questions were answered, I was given lots of unrushed time, and was never pressured for any “extra” procedures. I recommend Dr. Clymer without reservation. I could not have had a better experience!

flag | Submitted April 14, 2016

May experience with Dr. Clymer's office was excellent. My results are outstanding. His staff is very knowledgeable and very helpful with any questions I had. It has been over 6 mos. and they are still very caring.

flag | Submitted August 22, 2015

Dr Clymer and his staff are very professional and caring. He takes his time and listens to all my concerns and answers questions fully. He is a wonderful knowledgeable surgeon and I will stay with him for any of my future needs. I am very happy I chose him and his staff. They truly make you feel well taken care of.

flag | Submitted June 11, 2015

Dr. Clymer and his wonderful staff calm your nerves about any procedure you might be thinking about getting. They care about your overall happiness!! They have continued to provide me with excellent patient care even 6months after my surgery. My results are amazing! I couldn't be happier!!

flag | Submitted October 10, 2014

If you was like me and currently browsing websites and reading reviews to find the most skilled and knowledgeable surgeon with a great staff I would suggest that you stop browsing and schedule a consultation with Dr. Clymer today. I had consultations with a few other surgeons in the area and always left feeling like just another potential client. But from my very first phone call to Dr. Clymers office my experience has been nothing I would have expected. Dr. Clymer and his staff make you feel as if you are the only person that matters and not just another client. After my consultation with Dr. Clymer for a rhinoplasty I knew I was in the right hands. During my consultation he took photos and we discussed my concerns with my nose and he generated my vision right in front of me with his computer software. After the surgery was complete I knew I would look fantastic BUT the results were even better than the photos! He made changes to my nose that made it appear as if it was always supposed to look that way, very natural and might I add perfect! Dr. Clymer is truly talented and I recommend him to anyone who is searching for that new confidence you should have always had! I also can not say enough about his office staff! They are the BEST! They to are so knowledgeable and kind! From scheduling follow ups to just general questions and concerns they responded back to me immediately and that meant so much. I could go on and on about how great Dr. Clymer and his staff are! Schedule your consultation and I guarantee you will be impressed from Day ONE!

flag | Submitted September 29, 2014

Dr. Clymer was recommended to my by my dermatologist. After 3 years since my procedure I am still so happy with my results. Dr. Clymer not only has a great talent for doing beautiful work but he makes me feel important to him every time I see him. He and his staff always go the extra mile !

flag | Submitted September 28, 2014

Fabulous!!! Dr. Clymer and his staff are the best! Dr. Clymer is that rare doctor who is professional and talented BUT will also take the time to personally call his patient at home to check on you after surgery! Dr. Clymer's staff are so caring and supportive that they immediately put you at ease. They are accessible and quick to answer and questions or concerns you might have. I am truly puzzled by some of the previous postings I have read. It makes me wonder if they were truly patients of Dr. Clymer as my experience was so different!?! I wish all my doctor's offices were this great!

flag | Submitted September 19, 2014

Dr. Clymer was highly recommended to me by a nurse who had assisted him in other surgeries. The nurse felt he was the best surgeon for my facial needs. After interviewing several other surgeons, I knew Dr. Clymer was the best for my facial concerns He treated me with the utmost professionalism, and personal care. I am 110 % satisfied and have recommended him to my friends. In fact, he not the office nurses, called my family to check with my progress. I felt he held my hand with reassuring words, because a face lift can be scary. Thank you, Dr. Clymer, for restoring my skin to its youthful days.

flag | Submitted August 17, 2014

Dr. Clymer is a gifted plastic surgeon who possesses a personable and caring demeanor. He is indeed a perfectionist whose goal is to assist his patients in setting realistic and attainable outcomes. The end result, as he explained in my initial consultation is to achieve a much improved and natural appearance. It is now more than a year after my procedure and I couldn't be happier with the result. I will be forever grateful to Dr. Clymer and his staff for the excellent care I received before and after my surgery. What a great experience and what a great doctor! He is highly recommended.

flag | Submitted August 2, 2014

Dr. Mark A. Clymer's Credentials

• Univ Of Ia Coll Of Med, Iowa City Ia 52242 (Grad. 1990)