Ratings for Dr. David L. Coran

Dr. Coren did spinal fusion on my husband. Our first impression was not impressive but we learned we were very wrong. Dr. Coren didn't talk a lot which at first left us wondering; then a friend explained that he tells you what you ask. Once we learned to ask our questions instead of waiting for him to tell us things we found he was the best doctor around. He isn't pretentious, doesn't rush you, takes as much time as you want with him and is very thorough. During my husband's surgery I was kept updated by a nurse in the surgery room as to how it was progressing and afterwards the Dr. Met with me to go over what exactly was done and what to expect. Most impressive was both bedside manner and the follow-up care. He continues to be caring and concerned. Highly recommend Dr. Coren.

flag | Submitted September 27, 2013

I found he had no time to listen to my concerns or questions after he finished my wife's surgery. He spent less than 30 seconds with me post surgery and wald away as I was asking (trying to) him questions. Seems that he is too important and busy to make time to listen and explain.

flag | Submitted May 24, 2011

Very simply put, Dr. Coran saved my life, both literally and in terms of quality. While treating me for a neck injury, he discovered a life threatening problem missed by another doctor. His thoroughness, knowledge and quick action have allowed me to live this past 12 years in a positive and meaningful way. Added to which, his kindness, consideration and compassion, made the post-surgery pain and healing process much easier to deal with.

flag | Submitted February 5, 2010

Dr. Coran makes me feel very comfortable, & I am treated well by him. He takes time to listen to my concerns,& I feel like a partner in my medical care. He is excellent about returning phone calls, no matter how trivial the problems seems. His staff provides excellent service,& are very caring too.

flag | Submitted April 24, 2006

Dr. David L. Coran's Credentials

• University Of Michigan Medical School (Grad. 1989)