Ratings for Dr. Alicia A. Albers

My first appointment took a total of 3 hours start to finish... too much waiting!!! Then my next appointment took 2.5 hours.... I will NEVER go there again as I cannot afford to miss this much work for doctor appointments!!! Also.... took me forever to get my refills filled - had to make NUMEROUS calls to her staff and FINALLY got them - needless to say looked for a new doctor!!!

flag | Submitted July 2, 2014

Dr. Albers is the ONLY family practitioner that I I will take my children to. There is never a doubt in my mind that there is no stone left unturned when diagnosing any illness. I began seeing Dr. Albers in 2003. My oldest daughter began seeing her then. My mother began seeing her. I've had two more children since. She does take her time. She is quiet, she is processing the information provided. She will answer any question you have. All you need to do is ask. I believe she sincerely cares about her patients. If she is not available I take them to Children's Mercy Urgent Care. She is that great. :)

flag | Submitted January 11, 2012

She is always helpful when I am sick mu only coplaint is she does not explain a lot

flag | Submitted October 18, 2011

I used Dr Alberts a few years back when I had bronchitus. She actually took the time to listen to what I was saying and gave me alternate suggestions that no other doctor had given me. It was as simple as trying a certain childrens brand of cough medicine. I havent had bronchitus since and i was getting it once every 4-5 months.. I haven't had it in 3 years...

flag | Submitted May 28, 2009

Dr. Albers is amazing! I was diagnosed in 2005 with a blood disorder, and she was the one who suspected something else was underlying when I first started having symptoms. She didn't know too much about the genetic condition, but has worked closely with my hematologist (blood specialist) to learn more about the condition and how to properly manage/treat it. She has made a point to go above and beyond and learn more to specifically treat me. She is also very personable. She doesn't "harp" but offers sage advice and really seems to care. When she did my pregnancy test last year, she hugged me congratulations. She even asks my husband about me when he goes in for a visit. She has great "bedside manner" and I find her sincere and helpful. She has high nurse/assistant turn-over, which is annoying when they call with results or are doing the "pre-exam" but it's worth it to see Dr. Albers. She really has been an asset in my healthcare and I appreciate and enjoy her!

flag | Submitted March 8, 2009

Dr. Albers will do what she can to help her patients. She will listen and work to solve a problem. I have had her as my doctor for 5 years.

flag | Submitted November 11, 2008

She's competent but over zealous about ordering testing with no understanding of side effects such as radation. She need to listen more carefully and go slowly, starting with blood tests for example when a person has joint pain rather than going overboard.

flag | Submitted July 22, 2008

Dr. Albers is a caring, knowledgeable doctor. Unlike the others, I always feel like she listens to what I have to say and cares about the answers. I've always used female doctors and my three daughters switched to her after outgrowing the pediatrician. My wait times are never long and if they are, she apologizes and explains what kept her so long. We have been working on keeping my cholesterol down and she's very patient when I neglect myself, always taking the time to explain what I need and should do. Overall, I feel she's a very good doctor and don't see myself switching to anyone new.

flag | Submitted July 19, 2008

Not very personable and seems hurried to get out of the room as quick as possible. Doesn't really listen thoroughly. It seems like after test results I have to ask or call about them first. It feels like I'm just another number on her patient list. I went here because it was close and on the way home, but will be looking for another doctor.

flag | Submitted January 4, 2008

Always feel the doctor is in a hurry and does not want to discuss any concerns I may have. I do not feel important to this doctor and I need to find someone else. I have stayed for several years because of the convenience and location but after my last visit, I need to move on.

flag | Submitted April 4, 2006

Dr. Alicia A. Albers's Credentials

• University Of Kansas School Of Medicine (Grad. 1999)