Ratings for Dr. Glen G. Glista

I was recently diagnosed with epilepsy at 25 years of age. I came to Dr. Glista because of driving and time restrictions. The doctor made me cry during my first visit with him, actually YELLING at me for over-reacting and being selfish regarding concern about my new lifelong medication's potential side affects- on my health AND on my ability to concentrate and think before taking the most important exam of my career. After finding an epilepsy specialist in Chicago and receiving medical advise from family friend neurologists, I discovered that, aside from being told I was a bad person for asking questions and researching my medications, Dr. Glista had actually LIED to me about the side effects. He put me on Valproate without Folic acid putting me at HIGH RISK for liver problems and having a baby with a brain sticking out of the head/spinal cord. After learning that this was unheard of to prescribe a female of child-bearing years I was brought to another level of shock and disbelief.

flag | Submitted March 10, 2011

Dr. Glista is a rare physician in the year 2008. He listens and treats patients with care, concern and respect. Beyond his solid credentials and good reputation (he's listed in Castle-Connelly and was recommended by my primary-care physician) he seems genuinely interested in patients as people who wish to lead healthy and normal lives. I saw him re diabetic neuropathy and to get a neurologist's opinion of previous diagnoses from two rheumatologists. He was thorough and took the time to explain my condition(s) and what I could and couldn't do about them. I highly recommend Dr. Glista.

flag | Submitted March 22, 2008

Dr. Glista is very attentive and concerned. His bedside manner is unmatched, and he calls patients, their other treating physicians, etc. in follow up to his own care.

flag | Submitted March 20, 2006

Dr. Glen G. Glista's Credentials

• Northwestern University Medical School (Grad. 1971)

Ameritas