Ratings for Dr. Virginia M. Nisbet

This physician botched up my lap hysterectomy. She bruised my abdominal wall severely which resulted in months of recuperation. I am an RN and would NEVER recommend her to even my worst enemy. Her front desk staff is filled with rude women.

flag | Submitted February 23, 2017

this doctor is great i was having a period every week and she help me i was about to go crazy after her vist no more periods thank god

flag | Submitted March 11, 2015

The physician assistants: good. Dr Nisbet: HORRIBLE. I am 20 years old. I came for a well woman exam. What I got was a 45 minute spiel of insults about my weight. I gain 20lbs over the course of a year due to being clinically depressed. One comment asking about my weight gain would have been expected, but this woman barraged me with it. She did her exam. She didn't ask me what my birth control methods were, she didn't explain what she was going to be testing for. She spent literally the entire time asking me why I gained weight and then mocking me for any answer I gave her. “How hard is it to eat healthy?” “It’s not, but for a while I was clinically depressed and had a hard time finding the motivation.” And she scoffed. I am a healthy young woman, I have enough pressure on myself and how my body looks. Her comments were not about my health. They were hurtful, insensitive, and completely unprofessional. I left that doctor's office in tears. You lost a family of patients, Dr. Nisbet.

flag | Submitted August 14, 2014

Dr. Nisbet was ABSOLUTELY WONDERFUL with me during a difficult pregnancy 8 years ago. My sister was pregnant with twins at the same time and went into early labor, losing a precious baby in the process. I was devastated at the loss of my niece and terrified it would happen to me! Not only did she take the extra time to reassure me during visits, but she took the time to make personal calls to check on me at home! I found myself slipping into depression over my niece and her continual positive attitude and compassion for my situation kept me grounded. I have never had a bad experience with her or her staff and I have been using her for over 10 years!

flag | Submitted July 23, 2013

Having attended this office for 5 years, this year has been a disaster. Front desk staff are rude, phone staff do not deliver messages (I left one about finding a breast lump, they told me they would have the Dr call me, never happened, despite my calling again several times) I asked for my chart since I was going to another Dr, I was told I would have to pay for it, I told them I would not pay for it, I was leaving because of their totally inadequate patient care not by choice. I spoke with the office manager who asked me to meet with her and Dr Nesbit at 1.45pm Wed. The office manager who had asked me to come and talk to her and Dr Nesbit took me in her office, handed me an envelope with my chart, asked a couple of details about my experiences, said they would be looking into it, I asked if I was going to see Dr., she said she was busy with patients, what am I? I took my chart, told Kim I was shocked that Dr would not talk to me and left. A HORRIBLE experience, BAD MEDICAL CARE.

flag | Submitted November 7, 2012

I admit that Dr. Nisbet can come across stern and unfriendly at times, but she was never unprofessional towards me. She also was a little rough when checking my dilation and always made me bleed. She did successfully deliver my baby boy via caesarean in 2009.

flag | Submitted September 9, 2012

I like Dr. Nisbet. She's a decent doc, a good surgeon and both quick and gentle for an exam, but her staff is *terrible*, and GOOD LUCK getting anyone on the phone. Ever. And when you do, double-check whatever they tell you on WebMD or Planned Parenthood.com, because they have given me erroneous information. I am switching docs after growing more and more dissatisfied with the service at her clinic, which I think is beginning to resemble a baby factory. Sad, because I'm satisfied with the doctor herself.

flag | Submitted December 1, 2011

flag | Submitted November 15, 2011

I went to Nisbet after a failed pregnancy and was pleased with her overall and had a successful second pregnancy with little to no complaints. I have continued to go to her office and have been disappointed in the PA's in her office. The one I saw did not run a pregnancy test on me and ignored my request for an ultrasound after I came in with pelvic pain. 6 days later I was in an ER and then emergency surgery for a ruptured ectopic pregnancy. I am not sure if any of the tests at Dr. Nisbets office would have caught this early however, it would have been nice to try... not going back and would advise against seeing the PA's there.

flag | Submitted May 18, 2011

I am 7 and 1/2 months pregnant and have been going to Nisbet the whole time. I have not had any problems with the staff. They have been nothing but friendly to me. Dr. Nisbet herself has been a little unfriendly some days but then other days she is great and very friendly. On the days she is not as friendly, I still would not describe her as rude. My mother in law and sister in law both go to her also and are the ones who recommended her to me. She delivered my nephew a year and a half ago and my sister in law had nothing bad to say about the experience.

flag | Submitted February 28, 2011

Dr. Virginia M. Nisbet's Credentials

• Univ Of Tx Med Branch Galveston, Galveston Tx 77550 (Grad. 1994)