Ratings for Dr. Stephen J. Wright

I saw Dr. Wright at an urgent care center on a Sunday morning. I was there for an ear/sinus infection. Dr. Wright refused to give me antibiotics, citing antibiotic-resistance and saying that most ear infections are viral. Even after I explained to him that I had been ill the previous week with an upper respiratory infection, and that that was usually a recipe for an ear/sinus infection for me, he still refused to give me antibiotics. After two weeks of fighting the "viral" ear/sinus infection and feeling miserable, I gave in and saw my regular family doctor. Within 2 days on antibiotics I was feeling normal again. Thanks for nothing Dr. Wright. I understand wanting to combat antibiotic-resistance. However, when a patient explains she frequently gets ear/sinus infections AFTER a virus, doesn't common sense say that it's bacterial?!

flag | Submitted May 16, 2014

Although it has become difficult to get appointment's as of late, Dr. Wright does try to help as best he can, even if he is a bit quick about it at times.

flag | Submitted June 19, 2008

I feel I was not treated well,

flag | Submitted December 28, 2005

Dr. Stephen J. Wright's Credentials

• Indiana University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1978)

HealthFirst