Ratings for Dr. Mark A. Kontos

Dr. Kontos was distant, dismissive and, rude but I let that go as I heard he was a great surgeon. But at post op appointment the following day I realized no patient should accept that or be subjected to that. I am also not happy with results of my cataract surgery. The nurses and anesthesiologist were terrific. Needless to say I will not return for my other eye or anymore follow up. Bad experience all around.

flag | Submitted May 21, 2016

I had lasik eye surgery in January 2015. From my first pre-op appointment to my last post op appointment I was highly impressed with the entire office and staff. The surgery went well with one minor hiccup, the laser decided it needed to shut down and recalibrate after Dr Kontos had already created the flap on both eyes. He was very calm and told me exactly everything that was going on as it happened. When they realized the machine wasn't just recalibrating but wanted to do a complete restart which took 10 minutes, Dr Kontos and his staff very carefully took me into another room where I was more comfortable and we're very attentive with keeping me comfortable while the machine rebooted. Even though this was not part of the procedure they all were amazing and not once did I feel uncomfortable or out of the loop of what was happening. Once the machine restarted and calibrated itself Dr Kontos took me back in the room, finished the procedure, my eyesight is amazing and I highly recommend him and his staff to anyone looking for LASIK eye surgery.

flag | Submitted January 18, 2015

I never had a problem with Dr. Kontos with my Lasik surgery in 2000. The problem was with the cataract surgery in my right eye in 2011. He was supposed to follow the same model as he did with the Lasik surgery (R eye, distance, L eye, near vision). He put a lens in my R eye for near vision. In addition, his office manager tried to sell me a specialty lens (multi-focal) that I didn't need because I used monovision for my correction. She was really huffy when I didn't go for it. After this I couldn't trust him to do the other eye. I wrote him a detailed letter to which he did not respond.(Of course not! Any apology would be an admission of liability!) I had to go to another surgeon at the Spokane Eye Clinic to do the other eye. Sometime in the early 2000's he removed a cyst from my eye. When I asked when exactly that was done, it wasn't even in the medical record! My advice: if you value your vision, DO NOT go to Dr. Kontos. His surgery staff was great, but not him! Not his office mgr.!

flag | Submitted February 6, 2014

My husband and brother-in-law had Custom LASIK at Dr. Kontos' main office in Spokane Valley, Wa. After over a decade they are stilling 20/20. Flexible financing. Everyone was great at Empire Eye Phyicians.Thank you Dr Kontos!

flag | Submitted April 20, 2011

Great clinic. Very knowledgable staff friendly. Wonderful service

flag | Submitted April 11, 2011

I feel this Doctor contributed to my double vision. I feel I was treated very poorly by him. I believe he left debri under my flap after a Lasik procedure! I had to have it removed by a doctor in Texas.

flag | Submitted December 2, 2005

Dr. Mark A. Kontos's Credentials

• Saint Louis University (Grad. 1991)