Ratings for Dr. Ross S. Kendall

I was a patient of Dr. Kendall's when I was a child, 26 years ago. He diagnosed me with Ulcerative colitis (which was correct); however, after that, whenever I would have a flare up and my parents would call his office, his advice was invariably 'Let's wait and see for a couple of days before we start any medication, it might just be something he ate'. Then, he would make a point of mentioning to my parents during office visits that 'Parents who don't take care of their children have them taken away'. While Dr. Kendall was my pediatric gastroenterologist, I had frequent flare ups, and was on prednisone, with doses as high as 60mg per day for weeks to months at a time. I was hospitalized twice for flare ups of my colitis (2 weeks the first time, 1 week the second time), due to extreme dehydration and blood loss. During one office visit, he performed an unscheduled flexible sigmoidoscopy, with no explanation to myself or my parents as to why. In the past 26 years of living with my disease, I have never been as sick, or had my care as mismanaged as I did with this doctor. I have dealt with multiple specialists in multiple medical fields, in 4 different states, and I can honestly say that he is the worst doctor I have ever had the displeasure of knowing. A well informed parent or guardian should check medical records in other states before considering allowing Dr. Ross Kendall to manage their child's care.

flag | Submitted June 21, 2016

The doctor was wonderful...He has helped alot more than any of the other doctors we have seen...The only problem is the secretary she is RUDE,HATEFUL,AND THINKS SHE KNOWS EVERYTHING...But Dr.Kendall has been a good doctor..I think he needs to get new secretarial help..

flag | Submitted October 10, 2011

i've never met the doctor,and i won't either.i had an appoiintment,and the secretary called to reschedule. she said they were only in town for two days out of the month. one of those days,i had to work,and it was only a few days away. the other day,my daughter (the patient)was scheduled to have surgery in nashville the day before.she said,"well,whenever you get your act together,give me a call!" i was stunned and speechless. my friends son was going to go see this doctor,too. he won't now. we'll both drive to nashville first!

flag | Submitted June 24, 2011

GO SOMEWHERE ELSE. This physician does not listen to informed parents. He is more interested in talking down to you until you do what you are told. Terrible and stressful experience, and now we still have to go find someone else to help our child get better.

flag | Submitted June 21, 2011

Dr Kendall diagnosed my son when no one else could. After years of suffering, he is able to go to school and even play football. I was pleased to find a doctor in Knoxville with knowledge about complicated gastro problems. I would recommend him to anyone!

flag | Submitted August 23, 2008

HE HAD MY SON ON SO MUCH MEDICANE AND STEROIDS FOR SO LONG AND WANTED TO DO UNNESSECARY TEST FINALLY SWITCHED DOCTERS ONLY ON 2 MEDICATIONS NOW AND DOIG ALOT BETTER

flag | Submitted February 18, 2008

During my visit I felt that I was treated well.I would NEVER recommend this doctor to my family and friends.I felt this visit was a complete waste of time and money.Overall I would rate this visit : AWFUL!

flag | Submitted October 21, 2005

Dr. Ross S. Kendall's Credentials

• Suny At Buffalo Sch Of Med & Biomedical Sci, Buffalo Ny 14214 (Grad. 1972)

Beechstreet