Ratings for Dr. Richard K. Cardenas

He delivered my daughter in April 2004 .. he is the most amazing person and Doctor . I will never forget him . What a beautiful person . I am so thankful to have had him deliver my baby girl . Erica

flag | Submitted January 11, 2015

Dr Cardenas is one of the best people I have ever known. He has delivered all 5 of my children. He has always been real professional and he as even took the time to pray for me in my time of need. At one point in my life he was all I had as a friend or family. He has the best heart and really cares about every patient. I understand how people may judge him when something does wrong with their child. The thing is that things can happen whenever you have a child and everyone is looking for someone to blame, chances are that it would have the same turn out.. god bless you dr Cardenas and may you find peace in that heart full of love and understand. You believed in me when my parents turned their back. I was only 16 when I met you. And I have believed in you every since. Ruby mcpeters

flag | Submitted August 27, 2014

Great Doctor! I used to have to wait a long time in the waiting room. It was always worth it for his caring manners. Now since he has moved into the new office it was a short time.

flag | Submitted September 7, 2010

Dr. Cardenas has gone out of his way to help both my sister and I give birth to a wonderful family. Dr. Cardenas has been with us every step of the way. I would recommend him. He no longer delivers babies, but we will continue to go to him. I have even started taking my teenage daughter to him.

flag | Submitted June 17, 2010

I am now fixing to be 36 and have just discovered that i am pregnant. I had tubal at 25 then found out a couple years later that i was prego. That was shock enough and wouldn't give my daughter up for the world. She was born C-Section. During the C-Sec, Dr. C took the rest of the tubes and had said that it was best because they were trying to grow back (why i got pregnant in the first place). Now, 7 years later yet again, i am pregnant when he assured me it could not happen!! OMG I tried not to have but one child...now i am going to have 3

flag | Submitted June 15, 2010

Well here it is 6 years after the birth of my 4th child, Dr. Cardenas delivered them all. I thought he was a great Doctor. I have went to him since I was 17. I have been rethinking his ability to do his job. After open heart surgery i didnt want any extra stress on my heart after the birth of my 3rd child so i had my tubes tied, cut, burnt by Doctor Cardenas....6 years later I was pregnate at the worst time in my life but i did have a wonderful angel! Well then it was decided I needed a hysterectomy! But just my Uterus...When I woke up I was surprised to find out I had a total, Uterus.Falliopan tubes, overies, and Cervex. Life has been a struggle the last 6 years, deppression, anixity, hair loss, and I have gained 60 pounds, and the bone loss. He said I had endrometreious!(SP) Never had problems before.. Heck of a way to live your early 30's. Well cant tell you how healthy all this extra weight is on my heart!! Thanks Doctor Cardenas for ruining my life!!!!!

flag | Submitted May 28, 2010

Dr.Cardenas delivered my daughter and all of the children of my cousins,aunts,friends,and even my own daughter.Our entire family would recommend him without hesitation.He is a wonderful caring doctor who has the best bedside manner of any doctor I have ever been to.He always had a way of making me feel at ease even during the worst part of my labor. I am sad to hear he is not delivering babys anymore especially since my daughters will both be having more in the future. I only hope they can find another doctor as wonderful as Dr.Rick!!!!

flag | Submitted April 22, 2010

Dr cardenas is great. Yes wait time is a little long but that's because he takes his time with the patients. My first pregnacy I was at 32 weeks and went into labor and was rushed to ft worth, second pregnancy I was considered High risk, so be did what was right and sent me to high risk dr, however he let me come back after 32 weeks. I thAnk him for making sure I have csection because without that csection my lil man wouldn't be here today. Dr cardenas is great, I deft recommend!! Sad to know he does not deliver babies anymore, but I still go to him for my gyn

flag | Submitted April 20, 2010

Dr. Cardenas is intelligent and caring. He is always professional and considerate of his patients. He is very busy and so waiting is common for appointments, but when you have your baby, he will make every effort to deliver it himself. I also travel 45 minutes to see him and I live in Fort Worth, so it's not like I don't have other options.

flag | Submitted January 18, 2010

I was very upset to find out that his nurse crishawnda is no longer there!!!! When i went in this week for my check up on my baby,i asked where she was and the lady at the front desk was very rude,and short with me and said that crishawnda moved out of town. The only reason I came back for this pregnancy was because of her.She always took great care of me during my last pregnancy, actually i always saw crishawnda,or sometimes i saw Amy. As far as Dr.Cardenas i would not send anyone i know to see him without her there,she was the one who knows me and my medical needs and actually cares. He never seems like he has time for me. I will be finding another Dr.soon!!!!! Hopefully someone knows if she really moved,or if she is at another office here. If so thats where im going, and if other people are smart you would find a new dr,that really cares about you,and who dosnt almost kill his patients. found that out sitting in the lobby,i heard the lady up front talking about how bad it is.

flag | Submitted July 24, 2009

Dr. Richard K. Cardenas's Credentials

• University Of Texas Medical Branch At Galveston (Grad. 1981)