Ratings for Dr. Merrill Ansher

We saw doctor first in 2014 and after a relatively short visit, was perceptive enough to make the diagnosis of a very rare syndrome (<30,000 people) and referred us to a subspecialist at JHU who confirmed the diagnosis. This disease is acknowledged to be extremely difficult to diagnose and many people go for years before it is recognized. There's nothing to be done but he was right on target with the diagnosis.

flag | Submitted December 28, 2016

The office was dirty, the office staff, I don't what to say they where as unpleasant as I have ever seen. The Dr. I'm still out on that he did seem to have a couple ideas about my problem. How do these people get where they are??????

flag | Submitted May 7, 2015

Dr. Ansher immediately assessed my condition and had me admitted into the hospital. I believe that he's an excellent diagnostician, and, when he made rounds at the hospital, was extremely professional and had an excellent bedside manner. (I also appreciated the fact that he rounded early so that I didn't need to wait on pins and needles to hear what he had to say.) Although scheduling an appointment is a bit of an ordeal, he was able to get me in for a followup much sooner than I had thought. I now see why my friends who are in the medical profession have him at the top of their list when referring people to a neurologist.

flag | Submitted June 12, 2014

Not very efficient , had MRI on a Monday they didnt have results supposidly until Friday, said Doctor would call. Doctor Ansher never called,hasnt called as of the following Monday.I call the radiology office to find out the results were sent 3 times the the week I had MRI done.When I called the following Monday the receptionist said there was no change.Who is she to tell me.Needless to say I have changed doctors.And the dictor has never called!!

flag | Submitted May 6, 2013

Office staff is very rude and unfriendly. Give some people a little power and they forget how to treat people in a professional and compassionate manner. Dr. has no personality and does not communicate very well....I left feeling disappointed. I was told that he is very smart and may be able to figure out why I am in so much pain, so I will hang in there for one more visit. A helpful staff is sometimes key, so I am not sure i can stay with this practice anyway...they are the gatekeepers....and boy do they know that at this office. If the doctor is aware of how poorly they treat patients...then they should all be ashamed!

flag | Submitted April 10, 2012

IMO, like many neuros, he has the bedside manner of a toad. He's better than some, but not much.

flag | Submitted September 30, 2009

Overall a pleasant, very knowlegeable guy. Fairly short wait in the waiting room. Staff could be a little more pleasant.

flag | Submitted May 20, 2009

My results from my tests were not in my folder - or even in the office. The doctor said I had a brain tumor, but had not even looked at my images from the scan - and I do NOT have a brain tumor. He just decided he had no idea what was wrong with me and so he wanted nothing to do with me. NOT friendly, curtious nor inteligent. Staff had no idea what they were doing - just chating all the time. PATHETIC

flag | Submitted December 4, 2008

During my visit I felt that I was treated very well.I would absolutely recommend this doctor to my family and friends.I felt this visit was a big help.Overall I would rate this visit : good.

flag | Submitted September 15, 2005

Dr. Merrill Ansher's Credentials

• Johns Hopkins University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1981)