Ratings for Dr. Ira Guttentag

Staff is great he is arrogant been a patient over a year and half saw you 1 out of 7 visits saw your Parents every other time.

flag | Submitted June 28, 2017

I have been to many doctors in my lifetime but never one as rude or as arrogant as Ira J. He has no respect nor compassion at all. I tore all my ligaments and tendons in my knee except one. My knee cap was misplaced in the top part of my leg. To make a long long story short, the first appointment I had, I had an immobilizer on my leg from the hospital. He took it off and grabbed my knee cap and yanked it to try and move it, I literally saw stars and almost passed out. Then he set me up for an MRI 14 days later, and told me to keep the brace on till then. 13 days later I had blood clots go to my lungs from the leg brace being to tight on my leg. I was in the Cardiovascular Intensive Care unit for a week. After almost dieing I decided to go ahead and keep my appointment with him just to see what he had to say, because believe me at that point he wasn't going to touch me again. I waited an hour in the examinating room before he graced us with his arrogant presence. I asked him very politely if he thought the blood clots were due to the leg brace. He acted like I didn't ask him anything and then he said he wouldn't do surgery on me til I lost weight. I almost peed my pants I was laughing so hard. Needless to say I found another doctor that very day that didn't care if I weighed 210 lbs. I would never wish my enemies to see this so called doctor.... Zero stars

flag | Submitted March 16, 2017

He is arrogant, uncaring and rude ! The lightening can have him ! Never spend less then 90 minutes in the waiting room ( run-way ) typical exam with his PA who is a great guy, then struts in the prince.... So full of himself. Will never go back..... EVER

flag | Submitted January 21, 2017

Was to have total knee replacement that didn't happen due to the Dr/ staff in the office. I had to get surgical clearance from a couple drs and they were never read by Dr Guttentag or his PA. There was a conflict with my blood thinners that prohibited surgery but wasn't caught by the Dr until minutes before going into the OR, the anesthesiologist caught it. I went thru so much to get all the pre-op things done and mentally preparing myself for nothing! I would never go back due to their lack of professionalism!!

flag | Submitted January 2, 2017

Dr Ira Guttentag is the best knee surgeon. I am retired US ARMY and had my knees worked on a few times. My right knee is the best it could ever be. I wish I knew of him for my left knee back then .

flag | Submitted September 17, 2016

The absolutely best orthopedic surgeon. Enjoying a rapid recovery from knee replacement surgery.

flag | Submitted June 14, 2016

Had total knee-amazing results. Couldn't have had better care

flag | Submitted May 24, 2016

Great surgeon......mm.............................

flag | Submitted May 14, 2016

This a very rude, and arrogant doctor. Treats work comp patient like dog, and lies for work vomp. Would not trust him.

flag | Submitted February 6, 2015

I wish that I had read these comments before seeing this physician. I agree that he is rude, arrogant, and crude and he scratched his ass while we were with him. He also seems to be a misogynist. We quicky ran to see another orthopedic surgeon. I was definitely NOT IMPRESSED and did get the idea that this was a mill like environment.

flag | Submitted May 24, 2014

Dr. Ira Guttentag's Credentials

• University Of South Florida College Of Medicine (Grad. 1987)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal