Ratings for Dr. Richard M. Hagmeyer

I have battled a snow ball effect of health issues for over half of my life going to several different doctors and specialists and trying every certain diet and supplement to find relief and my health kept getting worse. I was to the point all that I could consume was bone broth since my ibs symptoms and bloating were so bad and I arrived with extreme depression. I was at a very low place from my health, wandering what's the point of "life" and if there was even hope that I would get better. Ever. Enough was enough, I found Dr. Hagmeyer, he tested me thoroughly , which none of past professionals even would have had the comprehension of doing, and started me on a very specific protocol to address my underlying causes of my physical symptoms. Words can not describe how impressed I am withDr. Hagmeyer's approach and knowledge of the human body and functional medicine. I feel like I'm getting myself back, I can eat food again! And I'm getting off my SSRI ! I would look no further for a doctor, and I will not recommend anyone but Dr. Hagmeyer!

flag | Submitted July 19, 2016

I formerly worked with a conventional doctor that mostly used medication with very little testing regarding an autoimmune disorder that he defined to be in remission over many years. This was based on a few lesions that were present on the MRI results. Then hypothyroid and adrenal fatigue came which caused me to have very little sleep, depression, concern managing my urine & bowels, and food allergies. My weight was then around 180 pounds. I got online to research a more functional physician that performed research on their patients to develop meaningful plans based on the test results. I was happy to find Dr. Hagmeyer’s Institute online. I went through his testing, received consultation, and began taking the prescribed supplements. He also connected me with a dietician to help with my food allergies. He even consults with me on-line even though I live in a different location from his office. I completed my first protocol with improvements in my sleeping, urine & bowel management, and now weigh 139 pounds. I look forward in working with Dr. Hagmeyer in the second and future protocols.

flag | Submitted November 17, 2015

I used to work with a different conventional doctor regarding an autoimmune disorder that he defined to be in remission over many years, based on few lesions being present. Very little testing was performed to help me get stronger. But my right side still struggled, while I use a push walker to get around. Then my hypothyroid and adrenal fatigue got more challenging causing little sleep, depression, and less patience over the obvious. I then sought more functional physicians that perform research on their patients to develop meaningful plans to help them get better. I then found Dr. Hagmeyer’s institute online. I went through his various tests with the prescribed supplements. He also connected me with a dietician to help improve my deficient areas in my gut. I just completed my first protocol with improvements in my sleeping, and even my writing improved where I used to depend on others to write for me. I look forward to more potential improvements in the second, and other protocols.

flag | Submitted November 8, 2015

Dr. Hagmeyer and his staff are fantastic. I went to see Dr Hagmeyer for Chronic fatigue, IBS which I found out in part was due to small intestinal bacterial overgrowth, weight gain, sleeping issues, and some minor high blood pressure issues. As a nurse, I see people every day getting their prescription medication filled and this is not what I was looking for. A friend of mine had great results with Dr Hagmeyer for her Thyroid problems and after watching several videos and attending a health seminar given in his office, I was convinced he had the approach to restoring health that I was looking and searching for. I had never heard of Functional medicine, but after Dr Hagmeyers Explanation, I feel it’s exactly what health care is missing today. Treating the whole person! I had read other reviews about the cost of testing and treatment and was fully aware of what to expect. During my phone consultation with Dr Hagmeyer he was very transparent as to what my costs would entail. I knew going into this type of care, insurance would not cover my testing nor the treatment Dr Hagmeyer provided. I was ok with that, since I had struggled for many years without answers and was tired of taking one prescription after another. Dr Hagmeyer looked at my entire personal health history, looked at my diet, past testing, and used many assessment forms before determining what tests I would need. He also had me type of a health history of everything I wanted him to know about my health. I thought this was a fantastic idea. I appreciate the time, attention to detail he put into my case and trying to figure me out. Dr Hagmeyer was also very responsive to emails and questions I had. While I must have driven him crazy at times, he was very patient and encouraging throughout the process. Many times he would answer these emails on Sunday nights and long after his office was closed. I appreciate this in a doctor. I would never have received this level of care from any past medical doctor I have seen ever! How do I feel today? 6 months into treatment I feel more alive, more alert, and more energetic than ever. My sleep is better, my mood and outlook in life is better, I am less irritable with my husband, emotionally more stable (something I didn’t even consult for), I have lost 19 pounds. As for my gastrointestinal IBS (SIB0) issues, while not 100%, they are about 90% improved and given how long I suffered with them I am thrilled about the current improvement. I echo many of the positive responses of other patients. I feel like a new woman. Not only did Dr Hagmeyer help guide me and coach me he exemplifies everything doctors should be today. Probably one of the best overall medical experiences ever. I highly recommend him, Kim, his staff and his dietician.

flag | Submitted July 9, 2015

I found Dr Hagmeyer on YouTube; I had been to many doctors in Canada, but I had always got an answer I am perfectly fine nothing wrong with me; i was able to get help from one of the doctor in San Jose but he wasn't able to identify in depth; however after doing more research I was able to find Dr Hagmeyer and in my first meeting in person with him he had me done tons of tests including blood, urine and stool. After results came in Dr Hagmeyer gave me protocol for first 10 weeks that include strict diet and supplements first protocol was very helpful and it gave me 30% better health, I am in 6 week of my second protocol with more supplements and I can say I have got 70% better health than I was back in last November 2014 when I met him. I can say Dr Hagmeyer is very helpful and knowledgeable and he look at the bigger picture and find the best possible solution for each individual I would definitely suggest him to any one who has autoimmune, fatigue, depression, sleep disorder, anxiety issues. He has been able to help me with all this currently helping me with hormone problems. Again thumbs up for Dr Hagmeyer

flag | Submitted July 1, 2015

Dr Hagmeyer Is a top professional and he and his staff do excellent work. I recommend him to everyone!

flag | Submitted April 24, 2015

My review is going the echo much of what the 2 star reviewer from June 18, 2014 has already said. I should have known better when the initial consult fee with a *chiropractor* was $495! Once you do your *brief* phone consult with Dr Hagmeyer, you are made to feel you must act quickly to schedule your first visit because they have reserved a spot for you within 'the next 10 days.' During your appointment, the 'doctor' does not examine you or tell you much of what he thinks is going on with your health, but you are encouraged to quickly sign up for *the program.,* which amounts to $5200!! This includes lab work plus his office visits/consults going forward for what he suggests is a year long treatment program. Mind you, I did not have any previously diagnosed diseases but a lump of vague symptoms associated with low vitamin and hormone levels that were not being addressed holistically by other doctors. In addition to this, there was other lab work that I had to pay at least $2000 up front at the lab - which was NOT made clear - during the appointment. Fortunately, my insurance reimbursed a good portion. Once the labs were completed he pegged me with some stuff that made sense and some that did not (i.e. blood sugar issues - non of which I have ever had). Proceeded to prescribe a extremely strict Paleo diet (one that I generally already followed) along with further restrictions which the food sensitivity blood panel dictated - it was miserable and he had me on this going on a year without any indication of doing reintroductions. A strict elimination diet should only be done for a period of 6-8 weeks with a strict reintroduction period. He did not want to do this, he said I needed to rerun the panel to determine if I could reintroduce the restricted foods. At over $800 to retest, I declined. Meanwhile, I am on a rotating supplement regimen which amounts to >$350/10 weeks. It honestly seemed like he was filling a quota every time I went for a consult I left with $350 worth of supplements. My main beefs: Never received a diagnosis, never was given an endpoint in treatment or how to go forward on a less restrictive diet and less supplements. I was told the program - for me - was going to be a year in length but I was about a month away from the year mark with no endpoint in site before I quit. If you do some internet research you will find the Apex Energetics - one of the supplement brands he sells - offers seminars in Functional Medicine Education. I do not know this for a fact, but I wonder if this is how received his 'training.' You can save yourself a ton of money by cleaning up your diet and eating whole, un-processed foods (maybe gluten,soy,dairy free for certain people); drinking homemade bone broth, eating fermented foods and organ meats from grass-fed animals; some supplements (vitamin D; Fish oil; digestive enzymes; B complex)rest; and a daily walk or two in the sunshine. I am embarrassed I was so gullible.

flag | Submitted March 17, 2015

I gave this guy 2 stars, but feel 1star is more accurate. I was made fun of on first meeting with the Dr. for having had a lot of supplements, but yet he had me buying supplements that were Very expensive and quite frankly didn't do a thing for me. I thought going a full year would really help me and was told that I could bring in the rest of the family for adjustments for free since I was on the 1 year program. That was not the case he was billing my insurance company! They notified us about this only because of the outrageous amount he was charging the insurance company for my other family members who only came there because i was told their visits would be a no charge. Ha!! I'll tell you what to do; go gluten, dairy, sugar and soy free. Go on an antifungal/anticandidadiet, take probiotics, EFA/essential fatty acids, take digestive enzymes. There and you got all of that for free!! No 10,000 dollars which is way over the top. When I would ask what exactly is wrong with me I never got a direct answer. He was very robust and happy, but if you crossed his path he could get Very mean!

flag | Submitted February 13, 2015

I REALLY DON'T KNOW WHY HE CHARGES $495.00 UPFRONT. HE IS NOT A WIZARD BUT A CHIROPRACTIC DOCTOR. HE DID NOT GO TO MED SCHOOL SO WHY DOES HE THINK HE CAN DIAGNOSE EVERYONE. THIS IS A TOUCHY SUBJECT AND A WRONG DIAGNOSIS IS SCAREY!

flag | Submitted December 2, 2014

Good doctor, knows his stuff. I am glad glad I found him.

flag | Submitted October 10, 2014

Dr. Richard M. Hagmeyer's Credentials

• Palmer College Chiropractic - Davenport (Grad. 2000)

Top Hospitals in Naperville, IL