Ratings for Dr. Richard M. Hagmeyer

I have had very professional and courteous health care treatment from Dr. Hagmeyer and his staff. I have made drastic improvements with my Hashimoto's and other health issues since I started treatment with him 4 months ago. The cost is pretty expensive, but when you weigh it all out it is worth it because you're not spending money on toxic medications and 'crappy' food! The testing he does goes far and above what conventional medical doctors use. My MD never diagnosed my Hashimoto's because she lacked the proper testing! Dr Hagmeyer is very knowledgeable in many areas and has helped me finally begin to heal and feel healthy and happy again. I feel it is money well spent! You just can't put a price tag on heath and happiness! I highly recommend him!

flag | Submitted January 25, 2017

Unfortynately, I have to agree with all of the negative comments. Charges $595 for an inital exam which was not individualized to my specific case. He was just reading a powerpoint stating bases for autoimmune diseases. Didn't know a lot of details from my medical history. Didnt even check my thyroid for any enlargement. We asked him numerous times how much the entire treatment going to cost and left with no answer. I am in medical field myself and never, never in my entire career was not able to give a quote to my patients about their treatment. I have also repeatedly vocalized the fact that my full panel thyroid and other test were just completed. Yet and still he wanted to retake them again. Very disappointed and sad I gave away $595 for nothing.

flag | Submitted October 18, 2016

I am about a year out from my program I did with Dr. Hagmeyer. WOW...I feel AWESOME!!! I can't thank Dr. Hagmeyer enough for the journey he had me on. I know a lot of the other reviews says he is expensive....well people let me tell you...he is worth every penny. I have my life back. His office turned my health around. Kim and Gina come along side of him and help in anyway they can as well. Their voices are the first ones you will meet and they are a life line to a lot of people that call are at the bottom of their health and have no where else to turn except for another prescription drug. I will never forget the time during my free phone consultation with Dr. Hagmeyer when he said "You don't have to live like this". I was suffering from anxiety and I sure was not going to get hooked on those brain blocker medications. After that phone conversation I knew I was going to be okay. It was a long 1 year journey but I have learned so much. I have learned how to fuel myself with healthy food instead of feeding myself with sugar all day long. I eat things like olives, yummy smoothies, raisons, cucumbers, carrots, asparagus, sweet potatoe fries (so yummy), good meat, watermelon, blueberries, blackberries. I also have learned how to make awesome chocolate chip cookies (paleo friendly), blueberry muffins, chocolate coconut balls. Yes there is awesome snack stuff that you can eat that is healthy for you. Moderation is the key for sure. I would say..If yur health is bad and you don't know where to turn...call Dr. Hagmeyer. He has a team of people to help you. Highly recommend!!!!

flag | Submitted August 11, 2016

I have had a great experience with dr hagmeyer, big improvement with my hashimotos, yes it can be expensive but he is very thorough with all the blood work and other testing. I have lost 20 pounds so far and feel so much better than I did a year ago. Highly recommend!

flag | Submitted August 8, 2016

I have battled a snow ball effect of health issues for over half of my life going to several different doctors and specialists and trying every certain diet and supplement to find relief and my health kept getting worse. I was to the point all that I could consume was bone broth since my ibs symptoms and bloating were so bad and I arrived with extreme depression. I was at a very low place from my health, wandering what's the point of "life" and if there was even hope that I would get better. Ever. Enough was enough, I found Dr. Hagmeyer, he tested me thoroughly , which none of past professionals even would have had the comprehension of doing, and started me on a very specific protocol to address my underlying causes of my physical symptoms. Words can not describe how impressed I am withDr. Hagmeyer's approach and knowledge of the human body and functional medicine. I feel like I'm getting myself back, I can eat food again! And I'm getting off my SSRI ! I would look no further for a doctor, and I will not recommend anyone but Dr. Hagmeyer!

flag | Submitted July 19, 2016

I formerly worked with a conventional doctor that mostly used medication with very little testing regarding an autoimmune disorder that he defined to be in remission over many years. This was based on a few lesions that were present on the MRI results. Then hypothyroid and adrenal fatigue came which caused me to have very little sleep, depression, concern managing my urine & bowels, and food allergies. My weight was then around 180 pounds. I got online to research a more functional physician that performed research on their patients to develop meaningful plans based on the test results. I was happy to find Dr. Hagmeyer’s Institute online. I went through his testing, received consultation, and began taking the prescribed supplements. He also connected me with a dietician to help with my food allergies. He even consults with me on-line even though I live in a different location from his office. I completed my first protocol with improvements in my sleeping, urine & bowel management, and now weigh 139 pounds. I look forward in working with Dr. Hagmeyer in the second and future protocols.

flag | Submitted November 17, 2015

I used to work with a different conventional doctor regarding an autoimmune disorder that he defined to be in remission over many years, based on few lesions being present. Very little testing was performed to help me get stronger. But my right side still struggled, while I use a push walker to get around. Then my hypothyroid and adrenal fatigue got more challenging causing little sleep, depression, and less patience over the obvious. I then sought more functional physicians that perform research on their patients to develop meaningful plans to help them get better. I then found Dr. Hagmeyer’s institute online. I went through his various tests with the prescribed supplements. He also connected me with a dietician to help improve my deficient areas in my gut. I just completed my first protocol with improvements in my sleeping, and even my writing improved where I used to depend on others to write for me. I look forward to more potential improvements in the second, and other protocols.

flag | Submitted November 8, 2015

Dr. Hagmeyer and his staff are fantastic. I went to see Dr Hagmeyer for Chronic fatigue, IBS which I found out in part was due to small intestinal bacterial overgrowth, weight gain, sleeping issues, and some minor high blood pressure issues. As a nurse, I see people every day getting their prescription medication filled and this is not what I was looking for. A friend of mine had great results with Dr Hagmeyer for her Thyroid problems and after watching several videos and attending a health seminar given in his office, I was convinced he had the approach to restoring health that I was looking and searching for. I had never heard of Functional medicine, but after Dr Hagmeyers Explanation, I feel it’s exactly what health care is missing today. Treating the whole person! I had read other reviews about the cost of testing and treatment and was fully aware of what to expect. During my phone consultation with Dr Hagmeyer he was very transparent as to what my costs would entail. I knew going into this type of care, insurance would not cover my testing nor the treatment Dr Hagmeyer provided. I was ok with that, since I had struggled for many years without answers and was tired of taking one prescription after another. Dr Hagmeyer looked at my entire personal health history, looked at my diet, past testing, and used many assessment forms before determining what tests I would need. He also had me type of a health history of everything I wanted him to know about my health. I thought this was a fantastic idea. I appreciate the time, attention to detail he put into my case and trying to figure me out. Dr Hagmeyer was also very responsive to emails and questions I had. While I must have driven him crazy at times, he was very patient and encouraging throughout the process. Many times he would answer these emails on Sunday nights and long after his office was closed. I appreciate this in a doctor. I would never have received this level of care from any past medical doctor I have seen ever! How do I feel today? 6 months into treatment I feel more alive, more alert, and more energetic than ever. My sleep is better, my mood and outlook in life is better, I am less irritable with my husband, emotionally more stable (something I didn’t even consult for), I have lost 19 pounds. As for my gastrointestinal IBS (SIB0) issues, while not 100%, they are about 90% improved and given how long I suffered with them I am thrilled about the current improvement. I echo many of the positive responses of other patients. I feel like a new woman. Not only did Dr Hagmeyer help guide me and coach me he exemplifies everything doctors should be today. Probably one of the best overall medical experiences ever. I highly recommend him, Kim, his staff and his dietician.

flag | Submitted July 9, 2015

I found Dr Hagmeyer on YouTube; I had been to many doctors in Canada, but I had always got an answer I am perfectly fine nothing wrong with me; i was able to get help from one of the doctor in San Jose but he wasn't able to identify in depth; however after doing more research I was able to find Dr Hagmeyer and in my first meeting in person with him he had me done tons of tests including blood, urine and stool. After results came in Dr Hagmeyer gave me protocol for first 10 weeks that include strict diet and supplements first protocol was very helpful and it gave me 30% better health, I am in 6 week of my second protocol with more supplements and I can say I have got 70% better health than I was back in last November 2014 when I met him. I can say Dr Hagmeyer is very helpful and knowledgeable and he look at the bigger picture and find the best possible solution for each individual I would definitely suggest him to any one who has autoimmune, fatigue, depression, sleep disorder, anxiety issues. He has been able to help me with all this currently helping me with hormone problems. Again thumbs up for Dr Hagmeyer

flag | Submitted July 1, 2015

Dr Hagmeyer Is a top professional and he and his staff do excellent work. I recommend him to everyone!

flag | Submitted April 24, 2015

Dr. Richard M. Hagmeyer's Credentials

• Palmer College Chiropractic - Davenport (Grad. 2000)

Oxford