Ratings for Dr. Silvia Leao Bicalho

Dr. Bicalho is beyond wonderful. She is very caring, knowledgeable and always made my husband and I feel at ease. Even though she is part of a big practice she always made me feel like I was her most important patient when she was attending me. I will not go to anyone else.

flag | Submitted May 6, 2009

Dr Bicalho is a wonderful doctor, and my insurance no longer works with her and I am very disappointed that I will have to find a new one. She has always made time to listen to me and has been supportive about any issue that I have. I have never experienced any abnormal pain during the exam, just a usual tiny amout of cramping for a couple seconds. She also found that I have PCOS and I don't know if another dr would have found it. Very thorough. Best dr I have ever had and I am surprised with the other reviews. She has delivered my friends babies. Definitely don't worry about being in her hands. She'll take good care of you.

flag | Submitted January 9, 2009

She is a very nice and knowlegeable doctor but her practice is large and her staff overbooks and the wait can be quite long even if you have been told that you are the first appointment of the day. The front desk staff are rude. Her examinations are more painful than any exams I've been given by other doctors. She is apologetic but I think some of the reason is in her technique which is odd because she has a gentle manner about her.

flag | Submitted December 1, 2008

I've been told that this practice has grown tremendously in recent years. Now they overbook and Dr. Bicalho, who is a very caring, excellent doctor is not taking the time she used to take with the patients that come in for routine exams. The front desk staff are abrupt.

flag | Submitted August 8, 2008

Worst Gyn I have ever been to. She was very forceful when doing my exam and then did not listen to me when I had questions regarding an old prescription and concerns. I just moved to Chicago and have had two prior Gyno's. She is by far the worst one. Also, I had her call in a script of birth control only to find out she called in the wrong one. It is nice to know she has a good staff on hand! By the way, on my visit I waited an hour and fifteen minutes!!! Go somewhere else if you wanted to be treated like a patient and not a number!!!

flag | Submitted June 14, 2008

I have been a gyn patient of this doctor's for 10 years. I am 58 years old; she has handled my routine checks, menopause, and post-menopause. I am very comfortable with and very confident in the excellent quality of her care.

flag | Submitted June 3, 2006

Dr. Silvia Leao Bicalho's Credentials

• French

• University Of Illinois At Chicago Health Science Center (Grad. 1988)