Ratings for Dr. Nancy A. Zamora

My name is Leonard Kolesar approximately 25 years ago she ws a client of mine but her warm an astute being alerted to some symptoms she noticed. If these symptoms would not have been flagged I would not be here this day to recommended her for a rare sensitivity found in the field today.

flag | Submitted March 17, 2016

I saw Dr. Zamora for 2 years and found her to be a warm, personable clinician who took the time to talk about my concerns. However, she committed a serious medical error. She prescribed a medication for me that had serious interactions with 3 of the medications I was taking. While those 3 meds were prescribed to me by a different doctor, I kept Dr. Zamora and the office staff updated on the medications I was taking. They are in my file. I was shocked and appalled that Dr. Zamora neglected to check if the medication she prescribed me would interact with what I was already taking. Due to her error, I experienced severe symptoms of serotonin syndrome, which can result in death. When I contacted the office to report my symptoms of this potentially fatal drug interaction, the staff member that I spoke with asked questions to assess my physical state, and recommended that I have my roommates or significant other monitor my condition. She also told me that I should go to the emergency room if my symptoms increased. At no point did Dr. Zamora discuss this incident with me, while it was occurring or after the fact. Neither she nor anyone from her practice bothered to follow up on this incident, despite its potentially fatal implications.

flag | Submitted September 25, 2014

I happened to come across Dr. Nancy Zamora's name. She used to be my Mother's physician when she was living. At the time before she moved to the Northside, both my Mother and myself always had high regard for her and her practice. I see by the good ratings that she still remains the best.Dr. Nancy Zamora is still one of the best physicians, especially here in the Chicagoland area.

flag | Submitted March 31, 2012

Dr Zamora is amazing. She was my husband's physician back when she was an attending at LCOM in Evergreen Park. My husband was terminal. She was diligent, ethical, caring, and very current on medical practices. I would not hesitate for a minute to recommend her, especially for a chronic and or terminal illness. She is the best Internal Med Doc in Illinois.

flag | Submitted September 6, 2009

IHAVE BEEN A PATIENT OF HERS FOR 10 YEARS AND SHE IS THE BEST

flag | Submitted August 8, 2009

I've been Dr. Zamora's patient for about 10 years, and have seen her for a variety of issues, both medical and psychiatric (i.e. anxiety/depression). She is very warm and caring, answers all of my many questions, is prompt in getting back to me when I call with questions or in need of a referral. She takes time to get to the root of the problem, even if the initial symptoms make it difficult to make a clear diagnosis. I highly recommend her.

flag | Submitted August 5, 2009

Very busy practice and appointments often run late, but it's totally worth it. She takes her time with you and even if she's rushed will take the time to come back and answer your questions and address every need. I've been with her for almost 5 years and besides the waiting times I have no complaints. It's very hard to find a doctor who will spend so much time with you if you need it. Also, when I've had to make an emergency appointment and see another doc in the office they have all been equally as helpful.

flag | Submitted February 14, 2008

Dr. Zamora is the best Dr. I've ever had. She really listens (a rare skill in Doctors) and never dismisses any questions or medical concerns. She does not hesitate to make referals or get a second opinion. While she is rushed during visits, I have never felt that she is rushing me during a vist.

flag | Submitted November 14, 2005

Dr. Nancy A. Zamora's Credentials

• University Of Illinois At Chicago Health Science Center (Grad. 1986)

Providence