Ratings for Dr. Robert A. Dershewitz

He is a great doctor but has the worst front dedk staff including office manager. She is so rude.

flag | Submitted January 3, 2015

I love Dr. Dershewitz, I've been taking my kids to him for 7 years. He may not talk to you like you are best friends but he doesn't give mecidine unnecessarily and he has taught me how to respond appropriately to my kids' medical issues. Like most new moms, I tended to overreact every time my kids had a fever or were sick and he taught me how to remain calm and get them the care they need, he didn't just prescribe them meds to make me happy. Every time I called with a sick kid, someone in the practice saw me within hours. We've moved out of the area and I still see him for my kids' check-ups when we are in town. He and his staff have gone out of their way to get my kids into specialists when they needed it and I only wish we had that quality of care where we live now.

flag | Submitted February 10, 2012

Very disappointed I wasted my time taking my children to him. He was no help, just decided to trust my own insticts. If kids were sick he would never prescribe meds, he just gives out medical lectures. He also makes parents feel like their stupid. He can be nice guy but I wasn't really to happy with his service.

flag | Submitted February 12, 2009

We have take our 2 children to Dr Dershewitz and this practice for over 10 years. He is an excellent doctor. The staff is very good also. I was surprised by some of the other comments, which prompted my reply.

flag | Submitted September 25, 2008

Can be very rude and curt over the telephone during an emergency. He expected me to measure my child respirations per minute - I am not a medical professional...that is why I called him. After he blew us off, we ended up taking my son to the ER and he was diagnosed with pneumonia. On Dr. Dershewitz's behalf he did come to the ER ( I think that he felt guilty for blowing us off.) Dr. Dershewitz is not very thorough and can be rather inattentative to parent's concerns. Can be very condescending and asserts that HE is the medical professional and you (i.e. parents) are not. We had been his patient for over 3 years.

flag | Submitted November 27, 2007

It seems that everything with this doctor is a virus. I would take my kids in there and pay for an office visit for basically nothing. I felt it was a waste of time and stopped going to him.

flag | Submitted May 7, 2007

Dr. Robert A. Dershewitz's Credentials

• Umdnj-New Jersey Medical School (Grad. 1973)

Ameritas