Ratings for Dr. Timothy McGillivray

His is the best colon surgery doctor in the Torrance, PV and southbay areas. If you have acid reflux, make sure his team and the anesthesiologist know to avoid complications.

flag | Submitted July 24, 2014

Out of all 4 doctors I had to see when diagnosed with anal cancer, Dr McGillivray was by far my favorite. he's up front about what is going on and explains your existing problem in detail. he is the doc I choose for my every 3 month check up for the next 2 yrs

flag | Submitted July 16, 2013

I don't like to write negative reviews but i feel compelled to warn future consumers that I do not feel like I received an adequate level of care from Dr. Mcgillivray. I felt like I was purposely given a diagnosis that would require surgery so that he could make more money off my insurance. The diagnosis I was given was completely inaccurate and had none of the symptomology that is typically associated with this type of disorder. If I had gone thru with the surgery I would have been forced to endure the unnecessary pain and potential permanent scarring caused from the evasive procedure. I do not know what to make of this experience except that I feel less trusting of doctors.

flag | Submitted January 12, 2013

ars now and I have never had a bad experience with Him or his staff. From the moment you walk in to the office you are greeted with friendly front desk staff and nurses

flag | Submitted November 26, 2012

I had surgery with Dr. McGillivray last week and he was FANTASTIC!! It's always a scary thing to have that area of the body worked on and he is totally understanding and explains things. he is also very silly and funny which is nice. I would recommend him to anyone who has problems.

flag | Submitted November 19, 2012

excellent patient doctor rapport.I was referred by primary care doctor and felt comfortable from the 1st visit.Outpatient surgery by this doctor on 2/22/11.Pre op info was professional,thoroughly explained and procedure was successful and post surgery discomfort was less than I anticipated and thought I would experience..This doctor has my thanks and utmost satisfaction,respectand I very highly recommend him..

flag | Submitted March 1, 2011

The nicest funniest doctor. DR. McGillivray is very thorough, knowledgeable, and takes time to listen to his patients and answer their questions. He made me feel at ease instantly and assuaged my fears concerning surgery.

flag | Submitted July 17, 2008

Dr. McGillivray performed two operations for my mom. He played a critical role in saving her life with her cancer surgery. As a patient advocate, I understand health care and the key role your doctor plays in one's survival. Dr. McGillivray is the surgeon you want in your time of need. He will listen to you and will work with you. He endured my endless questions and welcomed my participation. He is the ultimate doctor.

flag | Submitted June 18, 2008

Performed surgery on me. Easy to talk to; explained everything & had a good sense of humor

flag | Submitted June 2, 2008

He performed surgery for my loved one twice and saved her life. He is dedicated and the surgeon you want taking care of you when you're facing critical medical problems. He treated us well and provided the post surgery care she needed to reach a full recovery.

flag | Submitted January 4, 2006

Dr. Timothy McGillivray's Credentials

• Medical College Of Wisconsin (Grad. 1989)