Ratings for Dr. Samuel M. Yunez

Against my better judgment I made an appointment to see the doctor. ...I waited 30 minutes in the waiting room and then 45 minutes in the room. ..so after one hour and forty five minutes I got dressed and asked for my refund because I hadn't been seen and I also asked for a copy of my file - I was asked to wait again...so then the girl came back and I was told that I was next...I said no thank you I just want to get out of here...the doctor did not ask to speak to me or ask why I was leaving. - quiet the contrary he made a smug comment about charging me the missed appt fee and how he wasn't gonna cry over me leaving! ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTED!

flag | Submitted August 7, 2014

I had been a patient of Dr. Yunez for several years until my last appointment. As usual the wait to see Yunez is always at least two hours. This guy is so greedy that he will over book to bring in as many patients as possible. There have been times when we've had to stand in the hallway outside of his office because all the seats were taken. there was not even standing room in the office. There were already people standing around in the office waiting for an empty seat to be able to sit down. I have been going to see Dr Yunez because of high blood sugar. he never put me on any medication. He only gave me sheets of paper with information about changes in my diet that I should make. that's pretty stupid for any doctor. after 4 years of going to this quick I've decided to go to see another doctor. Yunez doesn't understand that just eating fruits and vegetables is not going to bring high blood sugar down. At times medication is needed and necessary. stay away from this quack. He is a bad dr.

flag | Submitted August 2, 2014

I had been with Dr. Yunez for a number of years mostly because all my medical history is in his office, so when my insurance ran out I could not afford to go elsewhere. I have known him and his staff to be rude and unprofessional for all of this time. The doctor is more concerned about making money for his hospital affiliations and circle of doctor friends than about what I am able to afford financially. I have lost my disability payments because his office failed to respond to requests from the insurance company. I am now in jeopardy of not being approved for social security because of the inaction of his office. I recently have been scheduled for surgery and could not afford to pay for a test that he wanted me to have and 1 day before the surgery I find out that he will not give a clearance letter to the surgeon because I did not have the procedure done and the surgeon said it was not necessary. I would avoid this doctor at all costs if you value your health and bank account.

flag | Submitted March 12, 2014

I have known doctor Sam for many years although the waiting is long I am happy with his friendly,familiar service he gives me and my whole family. He always explains what's best in decision making when it comes to my health. In my hardest times has called me himself to see how I was doing health wise, and recomends what's best. Being the only doctor in his office makes hard for him to be on time because patients don't understand the amount of emergencies and responsibilities he has. As his patient he always cares to explain it to me. So I've learn to make my appointments with advance timing and his least bussy days. That's my personal review and judgment,but I will continue me and my families healthcare with doctor Sam and Edna his nurse is a friendle,great person.

flag | Submitted May 7, 2012

Dr Yunez has been my family's Dr for 17 years and delivered 2 of my children. He is the absolute best. We moved 1.5 hours away and refuse to change our doctor.

flag | Submitted November 17, 2011

UNPROFESSIONAL ON SO MANY LEVELS 2 Dr Yunez in same Melrose Pk clinic(Suite#306)Since 2009 Been taking son,16yr old now,to yunez.2hr wait time in room,literally!Irritated with the excuses from unprofessional nurses that were obviously trainee. Big guy with the insecure ego(found out Yunez Senior)Got loud & rude of why I would be irritated sit in wait rm with son in pain(2hrs)Ended take my son E.R. next door(WestLake)was seen in minutes. Found out from E.R. that dr we been seen almost 2yrs was not Yunez but someone else & no longer works there. Never notified by Yunez staff of changes till that day. I've read bad reviews in past but did not take heed to warning. HARD LESSON LEARN FOR ME. DON'T WANT YOU OR YOUR CHILD TO GO THROUGH WHAT MY CHILD & I EXPERIENCED. PLENTY OF OTHER GREAT DR WORTH YOUR CHILD EXPERIENCE. KEEP AWAY FROM THIS ONE.. YOUR CHILD WILL THANK YOU.

flag | Submitted September 25, 2011

Im not too sure about the other comments that were left, but my family and I have been seeing Dr. Yunez for years. He is ALWYAS sincere and takes his time. I have never had a problem with him returning pages in emergencies. He makes me feel safe and comfortable. I will continue to see him and I love his staff.

flag | Submitted April 16, 2011

After my husband waited for 2 hours to be seen (first appointment for him) he walked out - nobody even noticed. I called to complain and about a week later I received a certified letter FIRING my family from his 'services'. I was in the middle of being treated by the doctor and was fired because HE can't operated his office efficiently? I believe the office manager (extremely rude) was responsible for the letter going out. A little power in the wrong hands..... Waiting for over an hour was the norm in Dr. Yunez's office. He often had a packed waiting room -- overbooked and felt no need to explain for the long wait. Don't take your family to see this doctor!

flag | Submitted October 5, 2009

Dr. Samuel Yunez is very unprofessional and his staff is also rude. As a patient with health issues, he was paged twice and left 3 messages and no return call. He cannot be a reliable doctor as he does not return messages or pages, Which rsulted in me seeking another doctor. Also 3 hours for an annuel check up such a waste of time and money. This is not my idea of a doctor.

flag | Submitted April 22, 2009

I do not like being blamed by him when health care workers cannot read he what he writes. Everyone is at fault except him. I could not read it either nor my wife who was trained as a nurse. Extremely arrogant.

flag | Submitted March 4, 2009