Ratings for Dr. Christopher Amann

Untrustworthy and only in it for the money. I would not recommend.

flag | Submitted February 23, 2015

He said that it was just a fatty deposit... 9 months later i am have a healthy bbgrl and i am a guy.

flag | Submitted February 22, 2015

He couldn't even diagnose my staph infection. Now he's suing me.

flag | Submitted February 22, 2015

Dr. Amann misdiagnosed my daughter's ACL tear. He thought it may be a pulled hamstring and said let pain be her guide. She rested it & tried to play 2 weeks later, only to have her knee give out from under her again during a game. This caused her to lose over a month where she could have been on the way to surgery and recovery. I have since learned that a good athletic trainer, let alone a sports doctor, can initially spot a torn ACL via the Lachman test (typicall followed up with an MRI). We went to another doc in the practice, who knew it was ACL within a minute. I like Dr. Amann's manner & personality, but to work in an orthopedic practice and not even look for an ACL tear in a knee that is in pain due to a sports injury is baffling.

flag | Submitted February 9, 2009

Dr. Amann is a wonderful, knowledgable sports medicine physician. Other doctors I had seen were not able to diagnose my condition, and Dr. Amann was able to quickly diagnose and effectively treat my illness. I would recommned him without hesitation.

flag | Submitted January 15, 2006

Dr. Christopher Amann's Credentials

• Loyola Univ Of Chicago Stritch Sch Of Med, Maywood Il 60153 (Grad. 1995)

Top Hospitals in Libertyville, IL