Ratings for Dr. Kevin J. Masterson

My psychologist suggested I see a physician for anti-depressants, since I couldn't afford a psychiatrist. I chose Dr. Masterson at random, since I had no family doctor at the time. He was over three hours late for the appointment. I'm not really sure what compelled me to stay in his office that long, but I spent 2 plus hours in the waiting room and another 45 or so in exam room before he enetered. When I asked for the pills, he agreed to give them to me, though explained they weren't going to help and that he really didn't put much faith in "Western medicine." I then sat in his office and listened to a long-winded speech about finding love in my heart and forgiveness, all the while repeating himself multiple times on the same talking points. This lasted for about 30-45 minutes which made me realize why he had been so late as he probably does this with all his patients. For not being a specialist, Kevin had a surprising amount of opinions on how best to manage my mental health knowing anything about me or my treatments.

flag | Submitted February 7, 2016

Been going to him, for 40 years, he's the BEST! :) :)

flag | Submitted January 11, 2015

Very knowledgeable and attentive to my concerns as a patient. He seems to provide more face to face time with his patients than other doctors. He listened to all of my concerns and correctly diagnosed and prescribed the right medicine to correct my ailment.

flag | Submitted November 22, 2013

I had my first visit with him to be knowledgeable and helpful. I told him my problems/concerns and they were all addressed. I was not at all rushed and was glad to find a doctor who actually heard what I had to say.

flag | Submitted January 18, 2012

Dr. Masterson is my PCP for many years through my employer's health plan. I found him to be easy to communicate with right from the start. I think he is a wonderful doctor. Several times I went to see him under my plan with a health concern. I went in thinking I had it all figured what was wrong, but heard differently from Dr. Masterson. I left not agreeing with what he had told me, only weeks later to be proven he was right. This happened several times. The medication he prescribed each time was exactly what I needed, and worked just as he explained it would. I felt comfortable at my visits, and his staff were all very polite as well. I have learned to listen, and to trust after my experiences with this doctor. I found him to be very knowledgeable, and I would recommend him.

flag | Submitted August 13, 2009

He refuses to listen to me. He doesn't like to be asked questions. He seems to love the sound of his own voice and its difficult to get a word in. Every time I went to him he changed my diagnosis.

flag | Submitted March 8, 2009

great Doctor been seeing him for 20 years

flag | Submitted March 3, 2009

I have been misdiagnosed several times by Dr. Masterson. If he would just LISTEN to his patients I'm sure he would do a better job.

flag | Submitted December 20, 2005

Dr. Kevin J. Masterson's Credentials

• Univ Of Mi Med Sch, Ann Arbor Mi 48109 (Grad. 1978)