Ratings for Dr. Abraham Shashoua

I recently had a hysterectomy due to very large fibroids. Dr shashoua was the best. He calmed my fears, explained everything clearly in a way I could understand and allowed me time to get all my questions answered. His team was outstanding and very attentive to my needs. I feel very blessed to have been lucky enough to have him being the doctor to perform my surgery. I would definitely recommend him to anyone facing surgery, Thank-you so much Dr. Shashua!

flag | Submitted July 20, 2018

So I had fibroids for the past 12 years.My former Gynecologist told me one day I would need a hysterectomy. After one failed UFE I was was done with this Dr. of 28 years. This past January, I made an appointment with Dr. Shashoua. I had been researching him for about 7 years. He examined me and right away did an ultrasound and said you need to have a hysterectomy. So I trusted him and a few weeks later I went into Illinois Masonic hospital and had my hysterectomy. I was extremely nervous. I had never had major surgery. I was not afraid of the pain. But the anesthesia. The nurses at IL Masonic were great. Well I have to say I am 7 1/2 weeks post-op and feel better than ever. I have a hairline scare. I can hardly see it. Dr. Shashoua changed my life. I feel so much better without those fibroids. I would highly recommend him if you have fibroids. Thank you.

flag | Submitted April 17, 2018

So grateful for the outstanding results from surgery

flag | Submitted May 22, 2017

Dr.Shashua is the gold standard. You do not get better than this!

flag | Submitted May 9, 2017

Very caring and skilled doctor. After childbirth I dealt with urinary incontinence for many years. A 30 minute surgery has changed my life forever. Thanks Dr. S

flag | Submitted July 6, 2016

flag | Submitted August 10, 2014

I went to Dr. Shashoua for the first time 11/21/13 after hearing so many wonderful comments about him. I wasn't disappointed at all. So far, he seems to be a very patient and knowledgeable doctor. I am 36yrs old and dealing with A LOT of fibroids. He left the options on the table and was willing to work with whatever decisions, I made. Although, his suggestion was not what I wanted to hear, it was what he believes would be best. He suggested a partial hyster and I want a myomectomy. So, he started me on Lupron for 2 mos to shrink the fibroids in preparation for a myomectomy. Based on the number of fibroids, I have. He stated that they are MORE likely to grow back before I hit menopause. I believe that God uses doctors, but they are practicing! God is the doctor! So, Im going to pray, take this Lupron and go on a raw food diet fast (to help the medicine - lol) and WATCH GOD WORK THIS OUT!

flag | Submitted November 22, 2013

Dr. Shashoua is wonderful! He is the best OB I have ever encountered and I was devistated when I found out he stopped delivering babies. He's just that good that any woman would want to be in his care for gyne issues. He is gental and caring. His office has ultrasound and the best exuiptment. He and his staff are very supportative and understanding. He works with you and he has the absolute best staff in the world - they are all so friendly. He made it easy to see him and the appointment times were very flexible. There is easy parking at Illinois Masonic. He always returns calls personally and usually the same day. The practice is small and very personal - they know your name and you feel like you belong. They do ultrasounds right in the office instead of sending you to the hospital and their technology is fabulous! He can send a script to your pharmacy electronicly - easy as 123.

flag | Submitted February 10, 2010

Dr. Shashoua is amazing. He is compassionate, and incredibly smart. I have been his patient for 6 years and I have never doubted his ability, skill, kindness or genuine interest in my current and future health. He had referred me to excellent doctors when needed and I plan on being his patient as long as he is available.

flag | Submitted January 28, 2009

I have yet to encounter a more knowledgeable physician in all 8 years I've been a patient of Dr. Shashoua's. I have driven as far as 40 miles to the loop from the burbs to be seen by him. Both of my children were delivered by Abraham and his great staff. KJ

flag | Submitted January 22, 2006

Dr. Abraham Shashoua's Credentials

• University Of Miami School Of Medicine (Grad. 1992)