Ratings for Dr. William C. Shiel

I was hospitalized for 21 days in the Mission Viejo hospital with unknown desease of losing weight fever low red blood cell count and no body knew what I had the doctors there screened me for from Aids to cancer to whatever else I dont exactley remember, but thank God for Dr Shiel he showed up one day like an Angel sent from God, he diagnosed me w/ poly mialgia rheumatica (PMR) , and immidiatley I started feeling better, I cant thank him enough for what he did for me. I love r Shiel , he is very caring and ind , may God give him a long and healthy life...

flag | Submitted January 19, 2013

office staff is excellenthe is great doctor very detail-oriented doctor,who has agreat bedside manner (and i find most men dont)the office was helpful with all my issue. glad i fouund him.

flag | Submitted October 19, 2012

While Dr. Shiel and his nursing staff are very good his officed staff is extremely unhelpful, rude, and incompetent. A good doctor and the patient experience relies on the ability of the office staff to do their job. The staff in Dr.Shiel's office should be replaced immediately.

flag | Submitted January 27, 2012

I would rate Dr. Shiel as fabulous on many levels. He is compassionate and caring, and his medical knowledge and ability in diagnosing my health issues, along with his follow-up care, makes him deserving of at least 6 stars (which I unfortunately cannot do here). : )

flag | Submitted November 11, 2010

Excellent doctor! Very compassionate and very knowledgeable. I have recommended Dr. Shiel to several people due to his experise and attitude towards his patients.

flag | Submitted November 28, 2008

I ran across this website accidentally, but wanted to respond because I feel so strongly about my doctor. Dr. Shiel has been my rheumatologist for 8 yrs. I have moved out of the area, but continue to travel 1 1/2 hrs. each way to see him because he is such an excellent dr. I have always felt that my comments, opinions, questions, etc. were treated with a great deal of respect. He has NEVER been even the slightest bit condescending or in a hurry (unlike other rheumatologists I've visited). He has a great deal of compassion and seems very genuine in his concern. He is always "up to the minute" with my condition and possible treatments, and usually one step ahead of me. I would highly recommend him. He's sharp and efficient while exhibiting concern and realizes the most important thing to me: I have a life and I need to live it with as little impact from my rheumatoid arthritis as possible. And the doctor who administers remicade in his office, Maureen, is also very compassiona

flag | Submitted November 26, 2006

Dr. William C. Shiel's Credentials

• Saint Louis University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1979)