Ratings for Dr. Mary Susan Scanlon

Dr. Scanlon saved me from cancer not once, but twice. When she diagnosed me with uterine cancer, she did so with compassion and clear information about my options. Two years later, during a checkup she noticed something odd on the scar tissue and did extra tests, finding cervical cancer (very rare with someone who has had a hysterectomy). If she had not been so thorough, I might not be here. She never rushes through appointments, always taking the time to be careful and also taking time with her patients to make sure their questions are answered and they are comfortable. Her staff is the same; kind and helpful. I will always be grateful that I chose Dr. Scanlon as my doctor and have recommended her many times.

flag | Submitted June 14, 2014

Dr. Scanlon is just great. First time I really felt like someone was taking my concerns about PMS seriously. And we have had some great conversations about the hormonal changes I'll be facing soon in my late 30s and early 40s. She is caring and takes the time to speak with you. She also has a good sense of humor and is very personable. These are not qualities that everyone looks for in a doc, but I do and she delivers. I recommend her to all my female friends, especially those of us with our 40s on the horizon.

flag | Submitted January 4, 2013

I have been seeing Dr Scanlon for about 5 years. She is always caring, understanding, and helpful. She performed my hysterectomy and she did a wonderful job and followed up on me daily. I highly recommend her!

flag | Submitted November 4, 2009

I had surgery performed by Dr, Scanlon, Very caring and I was very pleased with my care. I have been a patient for many years but this was my first experience with any thing but routine annual exams. Highly recomend

flag | Submitted May 11, 2009

I had to wait a total of three hours...while I listened to the staff make fun of every patient.Had an ultrasound and never got to see the doctor again. Saw her for 5 minutes when I first went in. Never did find out results, went in for pap smear instead had ultrasound... It was a scam

flag | Submitted February 12, 2009

flag | Submitted September 30, 2005

Dr. Mary Susan Scanlon's Credentials

• Loyola University Of Chicago, Stritch School Of Medicine (Grad. 1991)

MSP/BC Med