Ratings for Dr. Ralph N. Dado

Was referred to Dr. Dado from my primary ophthalmologist because of a difficult cataract issue I've been dealing with -- he came highly recommended for cataract surgery. His office staff was helpful and knowledgeable. I had some difficulty getting an initial appointment but subsequent appointments were easy to schedule. My operation took place in July and I'm extremely pleased with the results -- it's been a night-and-day difference after only a few weeks. Dr. Dado is clearly very knowledgeable in this area and has several decades of experience. The actual operation took place at Christ Hospital, which is nearby his office. Although I was referred for surgery, I'm thinking of moving over to him for my primary care -- he offers contacts and has an optical shop all in the same place, so it's one-stop. Very pleased.

flag | Submitted August 7, 2014

Very disappointed with a recent cataract surgery. My eyes were much better before! Completely lacking in compassion & poor "bedside manner." Aloof. I'm not so sure he has kept up with the latest technology.

flag | Submitted December 2, 2011

I read over the comments here before posting, and I tend to agree (as a longstanding patient of the Doctor). Dr. Dado is an EXCELLENT physician. The one individual who commented on him being in the 'right age' was right on: Doctor is old enough to have experience and understanding, but not SO OLD that I'm concerned about his knowledge of new innovations. This is especially relevant to me, as I have macular degeneration, where new developments are happening all the time. For quality of medical care, knowledge, 'bedside manner' he is a 10! (And surgical skills. He saved my Dad's eye a few years back at Christ). Here's the big 'BUT'. Doc is extremely popular in this area of Chicago. Getting an appointment, especially in the summer months or holidays, can be VERY DIFFICULT. I learned this a while back, and I always call well in advance. Also, he can tend to run behind the schedule, but for me (and anyone whose #1 priority is quality of treatment and skill) the tradeoff is wo

flag | Submitted October 14, 2006

One of the most skilled physicians I have ever been treated by in my experience -- a little difficult to get in to see him, but, as long as you prepare ahead of time (i.e. schedule a month or two in advance) you'll be fine.

flag | Submitted November 13, 2005

flag | Submitted October 10, 2005

Dr. Ralph N. Dado's Credentials

• Loyola Univ Of Chicago Stritch Sch Of Med, Maywood Il 60153 (Grad. 1974)