Ratings for Dr. David J. Piazza

if you need a general surgeon, he is the only one you need.

flag | Submitted August 24, 2014

Went to Dr. Piazza for very painful internal hemorroids. He right away said that he can remove them for relieve. He did the surgery right in his office and I think that was a very aggressive procedure and not to talkative towards other treatments. Naive to other procedures and years after the surgery I realized that other non surgical methods should have been taken place. I regret it because I'm still suffering from the surgery after effects and the area doesn't feel the same. I've never been obese, I was exercising but not taking enough fiber. After the surgery he said to eat more fiber and recommended the FiberOne or All Bran cereals that would have helped me in a few days than the surgery. I've been eating All bran since then and I've been regular. I think he's too quick for doing surgery.

flag | Submitted February 9, 2012

I had a good experience with my surgery and treatment, the scar is much better than the scar that I previously had which Dr. Piazza had to reopen, a major surgery. I would recommend him, yes.

flag | Submitted April 28, 2010

I visited Dr David Piazza to get my anal fistula fixed. He didn't explain me various options I have to fix the anal fistula. There are other non-surgical options to fix the problem. He rushed me into a surgery. Probably he makes more money with surgery. After reviewing various articles on internet found that there is no hurry in fixing the problem right away. Though the success rate of a surgery is very high, it was failure in my case. He failed to properly identify the fistula and fix it. Just after the surgery he told me that surgery was successful and even on the follow-up visit he told me that it healed properly and nothing to worry. All the painful recovery I went through for a month just got wasted. When I visited the doctor after reoccurrence of the symptoms, he told me he had to repeatedly perform surgery until the problem was fixed and asked me to schedule for another surgery right away.

flag | Submitted August 16, 2009

He's an excellent surgeon - I wouldn't be alive today without him!!!

flag | Submitted March 8, 2009

I went to this doctor for surgery that he said I needed. After the surgery he said I needed another surgery "to get the rest" I was in so much pain after. I called and he would not give me anything---just told me to take tylenol! I went to get a second opinion about another surgery. This second surgeon said my situation did not require surgery and I should not have had surgery the first time! He was inhumane!

flag | Submitted December 11, 2007

flag | Submitted September 13, 2005

flag | Submitted September 7, 2005

Dr. David J. Piazza's Credentials

• Loyola University Of Chicago, Stritch School Of Medicine (Grad. 1985)

Delta Dental